Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

07-05-2006, 02:08 AM   #1

Most commonly shown cats

Just wondering what cats get shown... I only have one show marked cat and that is Oakley. His first show is on the 11th of June and I am really nervous about it. I am sure he will do fine though and all i really want is to get a ribbon for his first outing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: Most commonly shown cats

Rover (Abyssinian) will try his first show Saturday. I know his brother will be there and at least one more kitten and a few cats from the same breeder. I could let you know more precisely next Sunday what gets shown here in Scotland.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #3

Good Luck Marina for the 11th of June

and

Good Luck Hreow for Saturday

Remember and let us know how it all goes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #4

I can only speak for the shows I've attended here in the Mid-Atlantic area when my friend was showing, and they were pretty much dominated by the Persian & Siamese classes. But enjoyed seeing so many of the other breeds that I'd heard of but never seen: Ocicats, Somalis, Norweigan Forest cats, Oriental Shorthairs, Bengals...on & on!!

Catsey Veteran

14-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #5

Dundee: We had Abyssinians (alphabetical order, of course... ), a Balinese, Bengals, Birmans, British Shorthairs, Burmese, one Burmilla, one Devon Rex, Main Coons, Norwegian Forest Cats, Orientals, Persians, Ragdolls, Russian Blues, Siamese, one Siberian, Singapuras, one Somali (a very nice sorrel kitten) and I think there was a Tiffanie as well. May have missed one or two. Any use? They expected 300 cats and classes were two to ten:ish entrants in size.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
Dundee: We had Abyssinians (alphabetical order, of course... ), a Balinese, Bengals, Birmans, British Shorthairs, Burmese, one Burmilla, one Devon Rex, Main Coons, Norwegian Forest Cats, Orientals, Persians, Ragdolls, Russian Blues, Siamese, one Siberian, Singapuras, one Somali (a very nice sorrel kitten) and I think there was a Tiffanie as well. May have missed one or two. Any use? They expected 300 cats and classes were two to ten:ish entrants in size.
Did you get to see any of the Puras? How many were entered? Since my breeder friend retired & moved South, I miss going to the shows.

Catsey Veteran

15-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #7

Three were entered, all adults. One female.

Come to the next Dundee show! Should give you enough time to plan. It's a good show as you get to watch the judges, rather than being kicked outside for two hours. And no nonsense about too far or old bones, so there!