Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #1

White Rabbits Wednesday

First if the month, September is here, and a rather chilly morning but bright and sunny so it'll be warming up soon!

I have no plans for the day other than a bit of housework, dog walking etc. all mundane things. I'll have to pop out to the shops later on and simply must resist the temptation to buy biscuits.

Lots of talk about Tony Blair's memoirs out today, he's very unflattering about Gordon Brown, not terribly nice of him to be so blunt in public!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #2

Re: White Rabbits Wednesday

Afternoon all! It's bright and sunny here today which is nice. After visiting the supermarket and garden centre (all sedds 50p a packet; even the upmarket 'seeds from Italy' packets) I'm about to embark on my 2nd attempt at raspberry and apple pies with some jusrol from the shops.

Need to carry on labelling the boys new school clothes, do the ironing and hopefully pop to the allotment later on as I've also bought some spring cabbage, winter spinach and purple sprouting broccoli seedlings.

Just 1 week left till the boys go back to school - I'm seriously counting the days now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #3

Pinch punch 1st of the month! And last night was very autumnal, especially at 3:10 am.. brrr. Neighbour's house alarm was going off again. Got out of bed but not sure what I was going to do about it, too scared to check alone but peeked out of the window. It went off after 20 mins and haven't heard any news this morning.

Glorious day here, sent Ceri & dad off blackberry picking. I stayed home after contemplating joining them but I had too much work on here. Tom is with us, playing in the back garden with his friend. Agree with you Yola, roll on school. Actually the kids here go back on Friday for 1 day which is a bit pointless.

So kitchen floor swabbed and more washing done. Made a ratatouille from left over veg and having it with roast lamb.
Kids had pizza and Posh is not moving far from my feet in the kitchen smelling the juices cooking

Tony Blair is on the telly now Mrs H. He is very down on Gordon B. and doesn't regret entering into the Iraq war I don't feel he can atone for the deaths of our boys by giving the royalties to the British Legion.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #4

Hi all! Lovely early Autumn weather here today too - really nice and warm and definitely "warmer out than in".

I still have a connection in my head between Tony Blair's government and The Blair Witch Project - probably because I went to London (which is a rare thing) when all the BWP posters first went up and I had no idea what it was about ..... except that we had a relatively new PM called Blair. I'm afraid I can't now disconnect the connection!

We have finally taken down the cat crate in the study this morning, although all the cats did like to snooze on top of it, that was getting less and less often. They will miss it probably in the Winter, because it is right in front of the radiator and they could look straight out the window too. They'll have forgotten about it by then hopefully. I've left the cushion and the vet bed, but they are on the floor now.

I've ordered a couple of new sample sized packs from Pet Planet along with the popular RC Digestive Comfort biscuits. I'm going to try Orijen and Arden Grange. Strangely, JWB don't seem to do a small size - or maybe I need to try a different stockist. I DID find a "cat food gravy" product and will post a link later. Only 3 reviews though, so I didn't get any. The blurb said suitable for dogs and cats.

I've got some transcription to do this afternoon and OH is going to play golf. I hope MIL behaves herself ......

See you later around tea time peeps. Don't forget it's QUIZ NIGHT tonight. All welcome around 8.00 ish.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #5

Afternoon all, good luck with the pies Yola.
Forgot to say White Rabbits today MrsH.
First day in new job today, think it will be a nice job.
Sorry won't be able to make the quiz tonight, we are doing a birthday party for my sons friend. I have missed taking part and hope to be back next week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #6

Hurrah! phone's fixed Mr Virgin has just left, it looks like they fixed the junction box yesterday when we weren't looking but forget to connect our phone. Mr Virgin said there were problems at the exchange, I just said "Hmmm" I reckon it was yesterday evening's frosty email from me that did it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #7

First day of meterological Autumn, but still Summer here: 29 C (83 F) here now at half past 11; beautiful sunny morning. Will make low to mid 30s by afternoon. A very lazy day here, slept in and really haven't done anything practical! :blush:

Glad the phone is working now, MrsH. Will miss you tonight Shelley, but have fun at the party! Hope the pies do well, Yola, what's jusrol? Blackberries, PP, yum! Angie, looking forward to the gravy link! Did you ever check sorghum for that strange crop?

Enjoy the day......

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #8

No, forgot! Going to do it now Eileen!

No - that's not it, unless it's been genetically modified which of course is possible. Will have to try for a photo .....

Sorry GM is probably not PC ....... we used to use the term "selectively bred".

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #9

Not sorghum; that was the first thing that came to mind. I'm getting really curious now .....

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #10

There are similarities though .........................