Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #1

Torrentially Rainy Tuesday

It's a late start for the daily but its been a horrid day here weatherwise. Now its absolutely coming down in buckets, you'd never believe it was Summer

Just getting the washing dried around and making a start on ironing later. We've got Tom for the rest of the week as school has broken up and his parents are both at work; he's also decided to stay up here tonight. Watching Horrible Histories with his grandad now and having a good giggle. Posh is fast asleep on the windowsill getting wafts of warm, wet air from the drying clothes on the radiator. Hope she doesn't catch cold

Hope you are drier than we are here, have a good day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #2

Re: Torrentially Rainy Tuesday

Never thought I'd be starting the Daily! Good afternoon all!

Overcast, 30 C (85 F), not too humid and a nice breeze; Nice to have a properly warm Summer unlike last year which was much cooler than normal. Although the heat haters are moaning..

Up to the other market for Leia's chicken that my regular one doesn't carry anymore
Mouse is still here ... or at least someone ate the test scraps I left in the kitchen last night ...and it wasn't herself! That's all my exciting news

Hope all are well ... what are you doing?

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #3

Hi, PP, see we both posted about the same time ..... maybe the Mods will merge???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #4

Oh dear DM, great minds think alike !
yes, I'm sure the Mods will sort it all out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #5

Ah - Horrible Histories. A great favourite in this house It's mental juggling school holidays with work - I'm luckier than most being able to be flexible with my days/hours but holiday care is SO expensive I have to balance being at work and doing stuff with being able to afford for them to be looked after!

Humid here today but no rain at all. I thoroughly watered the garden yesterday so it's not such an issue plant-wise, but lower humidity would be nice. Went to our local village (Pangbourne) where there is a lovely little designer shop. I splurged a little on summer beiges, but hey, it's coming out of my inheritance money so there better be no complaints.

Must run and get dinner finished for the boys - OH is down in Portsmouth visiting his poor Mum who's had a nasty tumour op on her leg and I'll be doing couscous, roast fennel/parsnip and spicy chicken breast for my dinner

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #6

Dinner sounds very nice, Yola. Linguine with pesto, salad and roll here. Glad you treated yourself, you deserve a little splurge!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #7

Hi all! Latecomer here - but I've had a very nice day. An old friend of OH's came down for lunch and we had a barbecue outdoors. It started off cool, then got hot and then got very hot and sticky mid afternoon. By the time the friend went home it was extremely sultry but has cooled down a bit now outdoors but is still very warm in. Might be a bit of a struggle sleeping tonight.

We had a new fridge freezer delivered too to replace the cooler that went phut last week. Very nice, all plugged in and running - now we have somewhere to chill the drinks and to freeze down garden produce too. Good solution I think.

A very busy day, but good. I'm sitting here, it's nearly dark and I will put the lights on in a minute and it's 20.18 - oh dear, where do those long evenings go? G&T at hand. Tomorrow it may well have a couple of ice cubes in it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #8

Evening all.

Sorry been out and about today........speak tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #9

It was hairdresser day today. I got to the main car park in town without checking that I had any change in my purse, £2.40 for 3 hours. I stood there, letting others go ahead of me while I sorted out 1x50p and the rest in 20p and 10p coins! it took me ages

All computer connections seem fine today, I hope it's going to be ok from now on otherwise I'll definitely end up throwing it out of the wndow one of these days!

I heard today from a friend who does not have pet insurance that they've had to pay out £2000, yes 2 thousand, for their cat which was run over and broke pelvis and legs and had a collapsed lung. Fortunately Poppy will make a full recovery but I can't say the same for their bank balance!

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #10

Eeeek, that's a huge vet bill! But worth it, glad to hear Poppy will make a full recovery. Stories like that make me very glad I have pet insurance.