Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
14-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #1

Slightly sunny Wednesday

Well, it's been an age since I was around to start a daily thread! I've got a much-needed week off so trying to catch up with everything I've missed.
After torrential downpours most of yesterday and overnight, the sun has finally come out and all the laundry I left on the line is starting to dry!
Imogen's eye is looking much much better today, she and Darcy have been racing up and down the hall together most of this morning!
Not got much planned for today- our knitting club has a stall at the local show in August so I've been busy knitting little bears to sell. Not sure how they'll turn out, maybe people will take pity on them
Apart from that, my dad is dropping off my not so little anymore brother and sister (13yr old twins) later and we're all going to go see the new Twilight movie. Going to get them to help me make pizza, which reminds me I need to get started with the dough soon.
Hope everyone has a good day!
Lxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #2

Re: Slightly sunny Wednesday

It's rather chilly and cloudy here today and getting noisy!! Farnborough International Airshow is next week and all sorts of planes are practising this week. There are little ones and fast ones, big ones and aerobatic ones, quite deafening at times but we rather like it. It's only every other year and as we can see their manoeuvres from our house, it's rather exciting. OH being a bit of a plane nut, tends to rush to the window and point out the variable wing sweep geometry of the fighter planes and other stuff, but they all look too much the same to me It used to be great when we had Concorde doing low sweeps over our street, shame we don't get that any more

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #3

Pl it sounds like you are in for a very nice day, hope you all have a good time. I'm glad Imogen's eye is getting better.
MrsH the airshow sounds interesting, bet it was noisy when Concorde flew over?
Back from work, had a quick bite to eat and a catch up.
Now i need to clean up and do some training with Malaika.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #4

Afternoon all it's been a rainy morning and just now started to brighten up. Posh darted back in from the rooftop earlier like she'd heard thunder but nothing came of it. Now she's stretched out on the floor in front of me,tummy full of chicken.

Liz, have a good week off, shame the weather isn't better but your knitting club will appreciate your input this week. I'm hoping to go and see Eclipse next week... enjoy!
I miss Concord too Mrs H, it was such a good looking plane and a great British engineering achievement.
Shelley, Malaika must be a pleasure to train, she looks like an intelligent

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #5

Good afternoon all! Quick Catsey catch-up with my cuppa as I am in the middle of urgent transcription, but have to give my ears a bit of a rest as they get rather hot!

It poured down here just before lunch, but the sun is starting to try and come out now - but I think gales are forecast for tomorrow. May just have to do some shopping and banking chores tomorrow instead of going somewhere nice - perhaps compromise and find a nice pub for lunch with any luck.

Don't forget QUIZ TONIGHT - please join in if you can. 8.00 ish ............. easy Qs tonight (well some of 'em are!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #6

Hi all! Had a bit of a scare this morning; we had a power failure overnight in the storm and when I tried to log on, had lost Firefox and couldn't! I'd forgotten how to install it ... a panicky spell for a while till I managed to do it. Whew!!

Thank you all for sending rain vibes ... you can stop now! Please! Two really heavy storms, one at dinner and another around midnight, lots of lightning and thunder. Very overcast, humid (83%), cool: 21 C (69 F). Fortunately no errands.

Hope the day continues well for all, see you at the QUIZ tonight, I hope.

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #7

PP Malaika is very intelligent but the breed are tricky to train as they don't just naturaly want to please you.
When i ask her to do something i can see her thinking whether she should do it or not. She does pick up new things realy fast and will usualy perform if the reward is good enough.
I read an article on Basenjis and it said that if they were school kids they wouldn't be the swotty types who passed all the exams, they would be the type to steal the exam papers, flog them and use the cash to but cigarettes :O
It just about sums them up.
See some of you at the quiz tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #8

Hi all - wet here again today.

We are feeling quite sad as one of our working dogs that suddenly took unwell on Monday with a very high temperature and raspy breathing has died. She was 13 but had been fighting fit. Vet has no idea what was wrong. So we have asked for a post mortem as one of the things he was concerned about was poisoning. We know she wouldn't pick up anything from us as we don't use but he was thinking dead bird of prey??

PL - I'm sure your little bears will be cute - we could confirm by pic!!

DM - your storms sound quite ferocious - bet you're glad you have no errands to run?

I too miss concorde but it must be quite interesting to see all the different plane types fly over.

Must dash - see you at the quiz later.

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #9

CM , very sorry to hear of the loss of your Dog. It must have been a shock.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #10

Oh sorry news about your dog, CM ... how sad.