Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #11

Re: My little Lil

she is cleaning around there alot though so i may have missed any discharge if there is any if you understand what i mean

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #12

Pyometra is the womb infection you are on about I think. There are two kinds one where there is discharge and the other where there is no discharge and this is usually the most serious one. Is she running a temp at all? Drinking more than usual? How old is she?

Could it be a false pregnancy? Has she got any milk in her teats?

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #13

She will be 12 months in 2 weeks fran,she isnt drinking any more than she normally would.
No Milk in her teats but she acting very strangely with one of her soft toys,she has usually destroyed them within 10 mins of having them but this one she is treating like a baby,she goes mad at choc if he goes near her when she has it,dont no if that means anything at all.
She did have a phantom after she had finished her last season,the vet said it could last right up untill her next season,she was very swollen but it all went down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #14

Sounds like a false pregnancy Erin. Trouble is often once they have had a false pregnancy they are much more prone to them in the future. I'd be inclined to speak to your vet with regard to getting her speyed as soon as he is happy to....

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Sounds like a false pregnancy Erin. Trouble is often once they have had a false pregnancy they are much more prone to them in the future. I'd be inclined to speak to your vet with regard to getting her speyed as soon as he is happy to....
Thanks Fran,we will be getting her done asap,because we couldnt remember the exact date she came into season last time the vet said to wait untill her next season.
Thanks for all you help Fran

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #16

Sounds like a phantom to me too.

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #17

Thanks both,
I think it is too,she is getting very protective over her "baby" and if either me or ed pic it p she doesnt take her eyes off it bless her.She wouldnt get out of bed this morning when I got in from work so I picked her toy up and took it in the livingroom,she ran straight out and got it and took it back to bed!
Hope it doesnt last to long,poor choc cant walk anywhere near her without getting a telling off!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #18

They can last a few days, or weeks & weeks.
The best thing to do, is to take her baby away & don't let her have any babies. I always think that's a bit mean, but if she has got babies it will just prolong the behaviour.

Some bitches will have just behavioural signs, some will have clinical signs too ie milk production. It's usually best just to let them get on with it & it should stop. Bitches with excessive milk production / an ongoing phantom can be given a drug (galastop) to help, but it's not ideal.

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #19

Thanks for that Smudgley,ill go and hide baby now
Hope she doesnt walk around crying and looking for it I will definatley be getting her speyed after her next season.

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2007, 03:04 PM   #20

oh this is so hard,she running round crying looking for her baby