Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
20-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #41

Re: rescue dog policy (neutering)

I think all rescues should spay/neuter regardless of what kind of animal they are dealing wiht - the whole point in rescuing them is to give them a better chance and to help with the population issues, and allowing people to have entire animals isn't the way to do that. If I could convince the rescue I foster for and the vets we use, I would have all our kittens done at 8wo, there are other rescues in the area who do it (and two of the three deal with dogs too), it is the only 100% way of guaranteeing that none of the animals we deal with will contribute to the problem. We cant afford to chip or vacc, but the spaying cost is covered by us, and I am currently working on finding out the statistics of how successful that is, but looking at teh vet bills, a lot of them use it. I also think it should be done for male dogs as well as females - there are behavioural benefits for it as well as health.