Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-12-2022, 07:17 AM   #1

Warm Thursday.

Good morning ladies,
Thursday 6.30 pm here and gosh, it's been hot today .Going to be hotter tomorrow though - 28-30degrees here in Christchurch. I heard from the cardiologist and he wants me to stay on the medication I'm on for longer. Obviously he doesn't care how I'm feeling. I'm not shaking or light headed anymore, but my heart beat is still erratic, my head is pounding with the heart beat sound and I feel nauseous _ I definitely don't want to eat anything, but that's probably making the nausea worse. I had a small amount of scrambled egg tonight with toast, and a piece of date and orange loaf, so I could take my pills with it. Don't know what my BP is doing, but I don't think it's good. I'll go down to my lovely new doctor on Monday and get him to check it.

I've been on my own all day. Janna was working until 5pm and she's now at the xmas party. I'm so pleased she went - that's a huge step forward for her. I've just been reading, doing some dishes and a bit of washing and trying to take it easy. My niece, Becca, is having a birthday on Sunday, so I wrapped up a couple of presents for her - a pack of 6 Esprit socks and a chocolate chunk giant cookie with "Happy Birthday Rebecca" on it. That's enough for her, as I've got her more stuff at xmas

My cousin tested positive for covid last night. She sounds dreadful, so she's going to be out of action for a wee while.Heaps of people have it now, which is a shame with xmas looming.

PAMELA,, poor Barney and Mia, both being sick, and what a lot of cleaning up for you too. I do hope they are both a bit more settled now Mia must have been feeling really bad if she couldn't manage a bit of chicken and rice. I know you'll make sure they are both drinking to avoid dehydration. What makes you think it's the salt/grit on the paths ? Do you think they're ingesting it ? It must be so sore on their paws if both dogs were limping on their walk. Can you buy some of those dog socks and let them wear those on their paws when they're out walking At least that would protect their feet. I'm glad Robyn hasn't been affected. Gosh, it must be cold in your part of the world. Your poor fish - I didn't know fish went into hibernation. I hope they're all OK when everything thaws out again, and rest assured, it will do. I'm so pleased that you're starting your new hours in January when you go back to work. That'll be a big load off your mind Pamela. You can now settle down and enjoy your time off now.

SHELLEY, I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well again. You've just had that awful sore throat and now you're coughing and feeling dreadful. Yes I agree, the cold doesn't help. I hope you're keeping nice and cosy inside Shelley and resting whenever you can. If you need to, I hope you can get some more antibiotics from your doctor. I hope Malaika is good now after her big day at the vets. Do you have to have Kwame's teeth cleaned now ,or are his all good ? I often think of Reuben and Loona and say a wee prayer that they are both doing well Let's hope Howard and Chris don't catch your bug, Shelley

Well ladies, I'm off now to feed the wee birds and I think there's a couple of magpies out there waiting as well. No ducks at the moment though.

Stay warm Pamela and Shelley and have a good Thursday.