Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
09-12-2022, 01:30 AM   #1

Friday daily.

Hi ladies,
Sorry I haven't been around lately. I haven't been feeling that well. I had a followup visit with the cardiologist who was worried about my BP which keeps going up and down all the time. He changed my medication and it's really not suiting me - making me feel very light headed and whoozy a lot of the time. I have to be careful I don't faint. This is evidently a common side effect and should pass, but i still feel really out of it. Then my heart started missing beats and racing as well, but that, too ,is a common side effect he tells me and it will settle once my body gets used to the new medication. I hope he's right. Apart from that, everything is good here.Janna has been off work for the last few days but is working this weekend. Cats are all OK and are snoring away here at the moment. It's nearly 1pm and raining lightly outside.

We now have our xmas tree up, but I'm sorry to say, it is beginning to look its age and everyone makes fun of it. I bought it when Brenna was a wee toddler in a stroller and she sat the box on her knee as we walked home. Janna seems to have bought me a lot of xmas presents and she's piled them all under the tree.Also I'm now on Day 9 of Brenna's Advent calendar. and just opened it to reveal a 6 pack of xmas spiced ginger beer. Yummy. !!!

I really need to go out and buy a few things but I can't at the moment. It can wait until next week.I hate buying anything online ,as our courier s are flat out and a lot of parcels are getting lost. I did buy a small storage box with birds on it for Janna last week on trademe. It was couriered the same day, but alas, no sign of it. AND it was sent from Christchurch as well, so didn't have far to come.I've lodged an enquiry with the courier company, as has the seller, but they haven't got back to us yet. Having said that, I did buy some Avon bubble baths/shower gels on trademe yesterday ,which were also in Christchurch and the seller herself delivered them this morning. I've bought from her before and she or her husband always deliver them personally to their Christchurch customers.I quite like the Avon products. and they're not tested on animals which is good.

No more news. I've still got sinus problems but it's getting better and the rain helps. Chicken steaks for tea tonight and I'll do some kumara and veges. I'm not allowed potatoes anymore as the new pills I'm on can raise potassium levels. Also no green leafy veges as they are also high in potassium. Gosh, I'll be fading away to a shadow soon .....NOT !!!

PAMELA,, nearly the weekend for you and I know you'll be looking forward to it. How is working in the office a couple of half days working out for you ? By now, the pups will be used to the dog walker coming in and letting them outside. I hope Mia has got over her fright and is back to normal. I also hope that Robyn is continuing to do well with her training. Have you got her into a more advanced level of dog school now, or are you going to keep up the training yourselves ? AND I hope Barney is continuing to do well, as well as Harris and wee Skye. Your dad is probably away by now, so hope he's having a great time. Steven will also be settled into his new job as well and I hope he's happy there and is appreciated for his work.

SHELLEY, I bet you've started your xmas shopping by now - you've probably finished it already ! I know you were going to start in December.Have you been to any more good doll fairs ? I don't suppose there will be any now before xmas.I'm also guessing that you will have your book by now. I do so hope that you are thrilled with the result, Shelley, after all the hard work you put into it. What do you plan to do with the copies now ? I hope you, Howard and Chris are all doing well and getting into the xmas spirit. Hope the pups are both well and happy also.

Well ladies, I'm off to have some lunch, then will just sit quietly for a while and read. The lightheadness usually leaves me a few hours after I've taken the pills, so I'll take it quietly until then.

Have a fantastic Friday, Pamela and Shelley,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-12-2022, 08:57 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily.

Hello ladies, finally I'm back.
Life has been very busy somehow and there was a doll fair last Saturday.
I didn't enjoy it as much as usual and felt quite ill by the time we'd packed up.
I developed a horrendous sore throat and took to my bed for days.
Fot a face to face appointment with Dr and some antibiotics.
I began to feel better but my throat is still a bit sore and I'm worried because I take the last one tomorrow.
My books have arrived but not checked them.
Got 4 copies, 1 for dad, 1 for my eldest, 1 for me and Chris and one to lend.
The doll is on display in the living room, wish I could show you.
Pamela, are you enjoying your time in the office? How is Steven doing in his new job?
Bet those dogs and cats are keeping you busy
Dinky, I just read that you saw the basenji out by the road, they aren't a breed that are safe near roads as they have a very strong prey drive and see transport as prey.
We only ever let ours off lead in secure fields.
Hope you get used to the tablets soon, sometimes the medication is worse than the complaint.