Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-12-2022, 06:02 AM   #1

Sunday daily

Good morning ladies,,
Sunday 5pm here and it's been a VERY hot day - around 28 degrees. It's still very hot outside and the poor cats are really feeling it badly. They're all lying stretched out under the air con. My sinus problem has been bad today - its making all my top teeth ache and pain all around my eyes. Still I can't complain. I've had a good weekend with Oren. We've been baking yesterday and made some paper crafts. Today we have been wrapping up Janna's presents. Brenna called in to take us out to her place to have a swim in their pool, but Oren didn't want to go. They're coming to pick him up tonight around 7pm, but I'm afraid that there will be a real tantrum ,as he wants to stay here. He's got school tomorrow though, and so he really has to go home. I find him no trouble at all here, but it's really quiet here and it's so noisy at his place.- he just can't stand noise.

Janna's been at work all day and finishes at 6.30pm tonight. It's an Open Day at Te Pae today, so a lot of visitors will be there. Really good for covid numbers, eh ? The number of cases are surging, especially here in Christchurch,, Not sure what we'll have for tea yet, but it will probably be takeaways ,as it's far too hot to cook anything. Luckily I think it's meant to rain next week, thank goodness. I've got a one year followup visit to the cardiologist on Tuesday, which he does for all his patients. I think everything will be fine, but it's a free visit, so I'll go . Apart from that, I'm going to put up the xmas tree with Janna's help. It's just a rather pathetic tree, but I like it - unfortunately so do the cats !!!

Hillary from the Mastiff Club rang last night begging me to change my mind and take Pearl for 3-6 months while she goes to Australia, Much as I'd love to help her out, I really can't ,as it would be a disaster for my cats. No one in the club will take her as she is aggressive to other dogs, and once mastiffs fight, they'll fight to the death and their jaws just lock, so you can't prise them apart .She can't put her into boarding kennels because unfortunately Pearl has been given a Menacing status by the courts and no kennel will take her. I hated saying no to Hillary because she's just gone through a marriage breakup. I did tell her that I would take Pearl for a week but that would be all I could manage and it would mean that my cats would have to be confined for that week.I don't think that went down very well with her though.

PAMELA, have you got your xmas tree yet or is today the day ? I hope you find/have found the perfect one .Are you planning to go with the blue theme this year again ? You must be so very proud of Robyn doing so well at Dog School. What a wee champion she is., but she couldn't have done it without you, my friend, so give yourself a pat on the back. I do hope that Mia is OK again now and you're no longer in a sleeping bag on the floor. !!!

SHELLEY, hope all is well with you and you're having a good weekend and looking forward to xmas.

Well ladies, must go ,as Oren is getting restless. Might go and have a game of cards with him and we'll wait for Janna to get home. Boy ,is it hot. The temperature isn't dropping at all.

Have a wonderful Sunday, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #2

Re: Sunday daily

Good morning Dinky,

Sounds like you have had a lovely weekend with Oren. It is nice when you have the little ones with you. I used to love having my sisters 2 but i was also with them every day helping my sister as she was on her own with them. I imagine Janna would also enjoy spending time with her nephew. How old is he?

I think you are right to say no to your friend regarding Pearl. You need to put your pets first. Would be very stressful for them and you and not to mention the stress on Pearl as well.

I do hope the sinus pain has calmed down and you are feeling better. Fingers crossed all goes well at your appointment as well.

We did go and chop down our tree yesterday, we actually had a really nice day doing it them getting a hot chocolate after it and also bought a home made christmas wreath for my front door from there. Deciding where to put it wasnt an easy task though as it is quite bushy and looked very out of place so we decided to move my work desk to under the stairs and move the unit that was there up to my top hall so a bit of moving about before we even got to decorate the tree! My desk is better out of the living room though as it means i can leave it behind at night and not see it constantly. It actually looks quite good where it is so will try it out and all going well, thats where it will stay.

Also got all th stockings for the pets up and of course, Robyn has one as well! I am just waiting on her tree bauble to be ready so i can out that on as the others all have one

We are going out to get a few bits today as well which i am looking forward to. This weekend has been lovely so far. Very christmassy!!

Shelley, how are you? Have you got your tree up yet? Do you have any plans for christmas? We are going to Stevens mums for dinner then home, we wont be out long as i want to get home and relax with the furries.

Have a great day ladies