Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
12-11-2007, 07:20 AM   #1

Daily thread- Monday.

Morning all!

Up early, very cold and crispy morning, just starting the second week of my hols. May have to take Jessie to the vets this morning, she has a hole in her head the size of a penny! Ill investigate it further in a while.

All have a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
12-11-2007, 07:34 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread- Monday.

Morning Dawn,morning all,

Good luck at the vets Dawn,hope its nothing to serious
Its freezing here,we have had a hard frost and the heating is broke at work sn we have been sat here freezing all night,cant wait to get home to my warm bed!
Hope you all have a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #3

Morning all, crisp morning here too. Our weather clock is reading -1 degrees Still no sign of Mildred's babies coming Nothing special planned for today.

Dawn, hope Jessie is ok. Does it look like an abcess?

Hope everyone has a good day. Wrap up warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
12-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #4

Hi all,
Got up early today to feed & check on Titch! She's doing great. Slowly does it with her but she seems better.
I'm at work today. It's really cold & frosty here too.
Someone is coming to view Spiders kittens tonight.
Have a good day. Dawn - keep us posted about the vets.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
12-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #5

Good Morning Everyone.

It's 2* here today. Thankfully I didn't have to scrape the car this morning or we would have been late for school.
Ceilidh's first words were how many sleeps till we go on the aeroplane .
I have quite a lot of running about to do today. Plus Derek is doing a double, so It's all down to me.

Fran I think those kittens are too comfy.

Dawn I really hope it's nothing too serious.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #6

Hi all - Jac, hope the back is bearing up with all the running.

Fran, tell Mildred to hurry up LOL

Erin - it's the wrong night for heating to break down; brrrrrr.

Dawn - I do so hope there's nothing dramatically wrong with Jessie. Is it a hole in her head or just missing fur

Today I'm back in the sanity of the office after battling with a screaming baby most of the weekend. He really doesn't like change and was very fickle at my Mums! OH has progressed the kitchen well, but still a fair bit to do.

Lots of home admin to catch up on, so need to do that and then on with work-related stuff.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
12-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #7

She had a small white hard cyst come on her head about Feb this year, the Vet saw it some weeks ago when she was poorly and said leave it, it wasnt bothering her at all. On Saturday evening it looked bigger and darker and she kept wanting Scooter to lick it but I looked a it, she didnt mind, it was still hard and still looked ok. Last night I stroked her as she fussed round my legs, and YUK!! I felt a bit of wet on my hand, so, I got some cotton wool and squeezed it a HUGE lump of greyish brown lard type stuff in one solidish ball shot out! it left the "lid" which I pulled easily off and a BIG hole! No blood, no weeping, the stuff didnt smell at all, so I packed it with cream and left it the night.

Fran it does look like an abcess, or what one would leave, but I cant say thats what it was because its been a white hard lump for about 9mths, whatever it is she is absolutely fine, eating etc.. normally and seems very pleased its gone, she isnt wanting Scooter to lick it anymore, probably a relief now all the gunge is gone. I have cut the fur off round it and am keeping it clean, any signs of her being unwell at all and Ill take her to the Vet. It looks much smaller now too.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #8

How strange Dawn I guess she will have relief now whatever it was has come out. Like you say just keep an eye on it incase she might need antibiotics. Fingers crossed it heals up quickly..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #9

Oh Dawn, that does look nasty; poor Jessie! I hope it heals well and that she can avoid a trip to the vet.....
Rain overnight, and a raw, cloudy and chilly morning; needed gloves waiting for the bus! But we haven't had a freeze yet; the impatiens are still flourishing and I have buds on one of the roses! Won't last..
Arthritis pain all gone, so can no longer put off chores...
Fran: when, oh when...???!!!
Have a nice day, hope it warms up a bit for all of you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
12-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #10

Dawn it sounds like some kind of cyst. Possibly either a blocked hair follicle?