Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Thursday

Morning all, nice bright day here again. Well, there's no evidence of any intruderss during the night, so fingers crossed it was just a one off. Not much planned for today, don't really want to be too far away as Mildred's babies are due in a couple of days.

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Thursday

Wow - baby overload in your house Fran How exciting though!

In the office today. Both boys settled in respective schools/nurseries. Our new website will go live today so I will be finalising details of database to get an emailing out to all clients and prospects.

Will pop down the road to pick up our web url which I've had done as a sticker for the back window of the car. Just need to wash the car before applying it

Will also pop into the local village here and register with all the estate agents as house is now pretty well on the market. We need to have some back-stops incase the Woolhampton house doesn't work out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #3

Morning all
It's a bit wet here today but the sun is out at the moment. The forecast is for snow in Scotland tonight . That will be Moli's area, not mine .
We have parents evening at school tonight. That will be interesting.
Got heaps of ironing to do but for some reason I'm really sore today think I possibly over did it yesterday. I knew where to draw the line before the pain kicked in before the injections, looks like I'll have to re learn . I'm still feeling really good about them though.

Fran I'm glad you didn't have any unwanted visitors last night.

Yola sounds like your going to be busy today. Good luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
08-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #4

Morning all
Its absolutely freezing here today,its just taken me from 8.30 to actually get up out of my bed,it was much warmer in there
Cleaning out the spare room today ready for Elaines visit,then work tonight and thats about it.

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #5

Morning all,

At work and its dead quiet again... ho hum!!

Am looking at further education websites as Sean takes his mock GSCE's early December and we have to start applying now for places.. not sure what to do..

6th form same school
college
6th form new school

Not sure how we work out what one to apply for... how do you find out which place gets the best results etc...

so difficult.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #6

Donna - do the schools not publish their positionings in the results league tables (I guess they do it they want to brag about them)? I'm sure there are also websites that hold that information.

Local authorities might also hold records.

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #7

Thanks Yola, yes we can find that sort of information but it is all so confusing to me who did O'levels and A'levels rather than all this new fangled terminology for different exams!!!

The kids are on "levels" at school - now what does that mean? And why is an "E" counted as a pass

so confusing...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #8

Donna - I'd say the most important thing is to chose the right place for him. That's not just down to results but also to subjects/combinations offered. There are also the non-academic aspects like ease of getting there and where his best mates are going.
Has he any idea of the direction he wants to go after school?

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Donna - I'd say the most important thing is to chose the right place for him. That's not just down to results but also to subjects/combinations offered. There are also the non-academic aspects like ease of getting there and where his best mates are going.
Has he any idea of the direction he wants to go after school?
He is currently getting A* for history and A's in English and Maths so hoping he will do well in the GCSEs on those subjects. If so, I would like him to do A'levels for definately history and anything else he can fit in.

The school 6th form and other 6th forms are easy for him to get to as he can walk. The college will be two bus journeys there and two back so that will eat into the finances (which I do have to consider unfortunately).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #10

It's only my impression, I have nothing to back it up, but it always seems to me that school 6th forms are for the more serious students and the colleges are places of refuge for those who want to put off working for 2 years. A sweeping generalisation I know, but that's how it feels to me.
Do you know which he fancies?
(I assume his present school doesn't have a 6th form? If it does and he's happy there I'd say 'Why change?')