Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #1

Hello again

Hello everyone I'm back full time having experienced issues over swapping internet providers. Anyway...I have posted replies to a lot of the things that I have missed and I am sorry if I have missed anything from anyone. (Please inform me of anything people feel I should read)

Building work has started on my bungalow (finally). I am taking pics as the work goes on and will post before, during and afters when completed. We are having the dormer knocked out into the roof space making a much larger room, adding an ensuite and putting windows into the rear so that we can enjoy the view.
Then, in about two weeks the kitchen will be knocked down and rebuilt. This means we will loose the heating (so pray for good weather everyone please).
I have Denis locked in a room of a day whilst the work goes on and then I secure the dormer whilst he roams the house!! ( I don't want him to escape and run into the road). He is being really good at the moment. Although nervous he is not as freaked as he would have been 12 months ago, so the timing is right for him.
I have to say the builder is very understanding and also very clean!!! I was expecting rubble and dust but he tidies away so good I'm not feeling stressed out.
Hope everyone is ok..
Fran! any sign of Mildreds babies??

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #2

Re: Hello again

Good to see you back full time BC!!

That's a lot of work you're having done .......... just concentrate on how nice it will look when it's finished..

Catsey Veteran

06-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #3

Oh forgot to say my FURminator has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!Wow Denis absaloutely loves it. He hated being brushed before!! Now he rolls over to do his other side, rubs against it and goes all soft!!!! wierd or what it's as though it's covered in cat nip! And the fur that comes off!!! very impressed indeed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
Oh forgot to say my FURminator has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!Wow Denis absaloutely loves it. He hated being brushed before!! Now he rolls over to do his other side, rubs against it and goes all soft!!!! wierd or what it's as though it's covered in cat nip! And the fur that comes off!!! very impressed indeed
That FURminator is amazing, isn't it? I'm so pleased Denis is enjoying it, and the loose fur it removes is unbelievable!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #5

Hey! Welcome back and glad your furminator arrived too

Mildred's babies not here yet but watch this space

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
07-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #6

WB Babycakes Sounds like your house will be great once the building work is finished - would love to see the pics of the work

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #7

Well problems started today already and the ceiling in the dinning room had to come down to insert the supporting joists!!! never rains does it, however I came home to a very tidy house again...loving this builder...
Anyway high winds and rain predicted so the roof can't come off yet.
They knocked early this morning and Denis heard their voices and hide in the roof refusing to come out, it took a lot of coaxing him down into my bedroom....and I was late for work (but don't care as long as I know he is safe)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #8

Welcome back and hope the building works go well. Sounds like your builder is very domesticated!! Get him to cook you a meal too before he goes for the day!!

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Welcome back and hope the building works go well. Sounds like your builder is very domesticated!! Get him to cook you a meal too before he goes for the day!!
Excellent idea Donna

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #10

Nice to have you back!