Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #1

daily thread - Tuesday

Good morning - sunny and pleasant again here today.
We have a 'special sale' in the Town Hall today - Woolover - anyone heard of them? Anyway, I'll pop down and see if there are any bargain jumpers.
Nov 6, so hopefully the fireworks may be over. We've had very few - except the ones which woke us up at 10.45 on Friday night. Very loud and went on for a long time. I think that's a bit much actually, but maybe I'm spoilt as we have had so few otherwise. Chester wasn't too keen on the noise but no-one else took any notice.
Hope everyone has a nice day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #2

Re: daily thread - Tuesday

Morning all, lovely sunny day here but there's a little 'nip' in the air. Not muh planned, just the usually household jobs etc..

DM - I've never heard of Woolover, hope you manage to bag yourself a bargain!

Hope everyone has a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #3

Hi, I've got a nice easy day as I was meant to be at a project group meeting for 2 days (today/tomo) but today has been cancelled. yipee. So I will be doing stuff in the office at work today, catching up on stuff.
The CP lines are going mad again, it seems to be all or nothing on the phone lines & we have a new lady taking the calls, but she passes the calls for litters onto me & we had 6 yesterday alone (that's just calls about found litters) I'm going with another lady after lunch to try & catch 4 kittens & their mom in a carpet factory. Will let you know how it goes, but anything could happen.
Fatty club tonight & I've been a very naughty girl this week!
Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #4

Sunny and bright (but nippy) here today. Have the new cleaning co. coming to the office in 1/2 an hour. So will brief them all all activity for home and office together with copious written notes.

Have now asked previous cleaner to leave and her attitude was 'well I did my best' implying the my expectations of actually having my house CLEANED and at a regular time/date too, was asking too much. It has made me very cross

Need to order some bubble wrap and boxes today as we're putting lots of bit in storage to de-clutter the house, and hopefully tonight I will paint the knobs for the new kitchen cabinets (cabinets will be Farrow and Ball 'string' and knobs will be F&B 'French Grey')!! I won't want to move once I have a new kitchen

Milestone - Dominik has his first reading book from school. He managed 'Pen', 'Ben' and 'Rob' out of the book last night!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #5

Morning all
Well the sun is out and I have a spring in my step (well nearly) as springy as I can get.
The steroid injections seem to have worked. (touch wood) I was in no pain getting dressed, even managed shoes and socks with out stopping!!! Yay.
Actually mu rear end is quite painful but not my back or legs. Looking good ladies.
I'm going to take it easy today though. No great burst of housework ect. Just let things settle down.

The back garden looks a right mess with melted plastic. I for one wont be clearing it.
Right off to catch up. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #6

Well have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
06-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #7

Morning all Yay I actually managed to post in the am for once

Just got back from the Vets with Fizz. She went to have her second shots and in 10 more days she can start going out She's raring to go, it's getting harder and harder to let Bubbles out and keep her in - she's getting very inventive on how to sneak up on the door

She's in excellent health and the ear mites / wax that was found on her first visit have completely cleared up - yay for spot on treatments Poor Bubbles had to have ear drops and a clean out when she had them as a baby.

All in all I think she is very settled now and very much a loved part of the family I have some more pics to post so will get on and do that

Jac - I'm so glad you are pain free this morning (apart from your sore bit). Makes such a difference doesn't it?

Have a great day all, the sun is shining here and I have much cleaning to do *ugh* lol.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #8

Morning everyone

Lovely sunny day here, not too cold either..

Not much planned for today other than household jobs......

Smudgley
- hope you manage to catch the mom and kittens this afternoon...

Yola
- Well done to Dominik for reading his first words!! You feel so proud of them when they manage that for the first time don't you?

Jac
- Really pleased to hear the injections have worked ..........don't go swinging from the chandeliers just yet though!

Enjoy your day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #9

Afternoon, all! It;'s sunny, windy and quite nippy today, 8C! We had a bit of rain overnight, needed; the rainfall is still 4" below normal...

The arthritis in my right hand has flared up unexpectedly; was a wee bit sore yesterday but got quite a bit worse in the evening, and my hand is swollen and very sore now. Have doubled up on the glucosamine, and taken two Aleve (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkiller), so it's beginning to hurt less..ah, the joys of getting old...

Jac: what great news that the shots are helping!
Yola:
hurrah for Domi! The wonderful world of books is beginning to open for him..

Enjoy the day, all....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #10

Qiuck followup to say the Aleve is working; hand is still swollen but the pain has greatly diminished! A good excuse to be lazy and skip the household chores today!!