Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Waifs and Strays
15-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #1

Tommy is being bullied

Tommy is being bullied by a uneutered male cat two houses down, I have just witnessed this cat attack Tommy who was sat on the wall minding his own buisness .Hes now indoors nursing another bite which iv had to clean and quite possibly he will need to see a vet.He only went out for 5 mins to go for a wee as when im awake he prefers to go outside.
Ive already placed Tommys urine around the garden border in order to try and stop this bully coming into the garden ,strategically placed plant pots and offered to arrange for the cat to be neutered at my own expense.The neighbour refuses to have this cat neutered and becomes defensive claiming my cat is the perpetrator yet this is the 9th attack in 2 months ive witnessed. One cost a great deal as poor Tommys paw became infected and doubled in size. He is nervous everytime he gos outside and now Im not sure what to do except watch everytime hes outside or confine him indoors The weird thing is this cat seems to dislike Tommy more than other cats.
Anyone else experience similar problems ?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: British Blue Shorthaired and
15-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #2

Re: Tommy is being bullied

I think I would present her with the bill We seem to be having the same problem with a cat that looks the almost double of Colin, (and its Colin he picks on ) except he has a tail and is full male.....sadly he seems to be a stray and no one can get near him.

I have invested in a water pistol and although I hate doing it I squirt him whenever I see him, it seems to be working he isn't so keen to jump over now xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Waifs and Strays
15-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #3

I had considerd the use of a water pistol but as worried I might also scare Tommy lol I might just present her with the bill but of course she will argue she doesnt need to pay .
So it could be said your cat has a evil twin ? lol xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: British Blue Shorthaired and
15-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #4

Its difficult to watch your cat miserable about going out, Yes Colin seems to have a twin Patrick has mistaken him a good few times. The water-pistol hasn't frightened mine. but then I get a shot in as soon as I see him on the fence....luckily mine are usually fast asleep indoors Only ones it has 'got going' is the dogs, they now bark at him and he jumps down when he see's them too xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstevie
I think I would present her with the bill We seem to be having the same problem with a cat that looks the almost double of Colin, (and its Colin he picks on ) except he has a tail and is full male.....sadly he seems to be a stray and no one can get near him.

I have invested in a water pistol and although I hate doing it I squirt him whenever I see him, it seems to be working he isn't so keen to jump over now xx
We had this with a huge black tom. Ours Are essentially housecats with access to Outside cat run. TC (tomcat) would sit on shed roof next door beside the run & growl at them if they so much moved. I used squirt setting on plant spray. It only worked a bit, he always came back. Now i do feed a cat whose owner is a bit haphazzard with feeding After he had eaten one day i noticed TC come down to gobble up the remains. & it occurred to me was he hungry, took food out & he ate 3 sachets ravenously at one go with handful of biscuit I was shocked to discover under the dull fluffy coat he was skin & bones. He is a stray too. Anyway long shot is from i started to feed him regularly he has become quite amicable & never bothers ours. He has option of a bed in a shed up the garden,
tho dont think he uses it. If he was not so wary, i would get him to vets to be neutered. Im also not 100% sure he is a stray. Some folk just dont appear committed to caring for their pets. Certainly from he has been fed regularly, he is a better weight with flesh on him, still what i would call on lean side, but his dull fluffy coat has over summer shed & become not so fluffy & glossy. Think he developed the coat for outside living, if thats possible

Just an idea really ....