Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #11

Re: Daily Thread / Saturday

Morning all.
I was up very early today. Have done the cats & got the little Brownies (my daughter Lucy & her cousin who stayed at ours last night) ready for camp.
We left home at 8am (me, Ashleigh & Lucy & Chloe)& took the dogs (Carli & our lodger Whisp) for a lovely walk in the park before getting to Brownie camp at 9.30am.
Dropped Lu & Chloe off & now me & Ashleigh have come to work as I'm on mating duty only got 1 to do today, so I'm having a coffee first, then will do the mating & then home - bit of housework, then my other niece will be round to see the kittens, then a lady viewing the kittens at 4pm.
Johns gone fishing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #12

Just checking that milk thistle is Ok for dogs (always a bit worried about pets/human rememdies).
Seems OK- lots of references, including one prison sniffer dog very ill after eating heroin(!) - recovered with the help of milk thistle extract

Here's one quote from an animal herbal medicine site
"Milk Thistle is just an amazing herb - for both humans and dogs! Did you know that the liver is the largest organ in the body and performs more than 500 different tasks? It is a food processor, a storehouse for nutrients and a factory that makes hormones and other substances. It is also a filter that removes toxins from the blood - "the best detoxification organ there is". Milk Thistle has been used to support and maintain the liver functions. "

and this from Dene's animal herbalist

"POISONING

Symptoms vary depending on the type of poison and the amount eaten. Look out for lethargy, sudden change in appetite, vomiting, salivation, bleeding or convulsions. Poisoning is always an emergency so seek help from your vet immediately.
To aid recovery, Dose with Denes:

Recommended food supplements:
  • Milk Thistle Plus Tablets to support the liver, which helps to breakdown and remove poisons from the body
  • Digestion Plus Tablets to settle the digestive system and absorb toxins "
If you can only get human stuff make sure you scale the dose down for Blue's size/weight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #13

DM Thanks very much for that. I'm off now and I will go by the herbalist on the way. I'm sure I'll be able to get some. There are two big herbalists quite near here and if they dont have it then there's a huge on in the centre of town.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #14

Well I have just had a lovely visit from Charlie and her mum It was soooo nice to see Charlie again and meet her lovely mum! They have set off home now via Meadowhall (a large shopping complex near here) for a bit of retail therapy

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
05-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #15

Morning all
Back from walking Bobby. I am trying to get throught my college work today as well as some house work.

I really liked the house I wen to see yesterday and might make an offer on it

hope you all have a good day
Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
05-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #16

Afternoon all. Ive just come in from work, its well nice out side! Going out tonight yay, not been out for weeks. Enjoy ya day people!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #17

It's a beautiful and sunny here now after a very overcast start to the day....

Have been out this morning and bought some grow bags and a few more plants......

Sally
~ I hope your offer is accepted on the house you like

Enjoy your day everyone!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #18

Sally: good luck on the house! Jac: glad Blue is doing better, awaiting the news on Tuesday. Cloudy and cool here; had to go to another branch library this morning as the fire devastated my branch...wrong choice! Much longer bus ride and the bus line that goes there only runs every half-hour on Saturdays, and of course, just missed one! Will try another branch next week. Off to feed Leia and Onyx, then have my own lunch; have a good rest of the afternoon, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #19

I have had a nice day here beign realy warm. Went to the pet shop and got some toys for kays birthday. Having a party tonight as well for kay and my OH. They share the same birthday. One of kays friend is coming too a westie called spud they love each other.

Jane Kado Guiness Simon and birthday girl Kay

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
05-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #20

Well its been a slow day.... bit warmer than yesterday with the sun coming out every so often... at work just now and its relly quiet so far.... hope everyone had a great day xxx