Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Saturday

Morning all, not sure what the weather is doing outside yet as I'm still in bed, just drinking the coffee that hubby brought up for me before he went to work. Charlie and her mum are coming to visit today I've not been into Porsha yet so I'm not sure how her bottom is this morning. Will update later.

Hope you all have a good day and for any of you showing today, good luck! For any of you fancying going to the Manchester show today Malcolm Hebden, Corrie's Norris Cole will be there to award the BIS prize

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-05-2007, 07:54 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Saturday

Good morning - another grey one!
Have a good Saturday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #3

Morning all, looks miserable out at the moment. Houseful of kids so not sure what we will end up doing. Emma has a friend over at the moment so lots of girly giggles and Sean will be out watching the big game later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #4

Ello all.

Dull but dry here. Off to do a microchipping course later thats why i am not at work today, all be good.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #5

Morning all! Rather grey here, but we'll see what happens. Going to drop the kids off at their saturday club in a an hour, then off down a few garden centres to see what they have for my baskets and tubs!! Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #6

Morning all
The weather is much the same here today, not sure what it's going to do.
Funny day here as Derek is working a bouble shift so I'm man free till 10.30pm not sure what I'll do yet but it will involve lots of Catsey as I'm sure Ive missed heaps.

Blue update
Blue is doing great. I would say if you didnt know him then you wouldn't think there was anything wrong. His appetite isn't as good as it was and he's sleeping alot more. He sometimes looks like he's not sure of where he is but that's about it. Finges crossed for Tuesday.

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #7

Sounding good for Blue, Jac? Certainly hope Tuesday brings good news. Have you any reason to think he may have taken poison? Where would he have found it?

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Sounding good for Blue, Jac? Certainly hope Tuesday brings good news. Have you any reason to think he may have taken poison? Where would he have found it?
Yes. One of my neighbours mentioned poison being put down for Fox's. Only didnt think to let me know at the time. We have our back garden then a gate and a huge bit land all fenced off, the only access being the gate from our garden. That's where I take Blue. I had mentioned to Moli that he had gone into the bushes last week and came out eating something but I didnt knnow what it was. At the time I had no idea what was going on. Now I'm inclined to think he has eaten poison. If that's the case then thankfully not enough to do any seriouse damage. The second vet I saw was more inclined to think the same although his symtoms are consistant with a tumor. He said the first Vet was "over zelouse" but all I think is the bitch could have cost my boy his life.

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #9

Sounds suspicious doesn't it? Try to give him lots of water (or even weak non-salty gravy etc?) to help flush it out of his system?
Milk thistle or artichoke extract (from the health food shops) is supposed to help the liver clear poisons - don't know how/why

Catsey Veteran

05-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #10

It does. He was drinking vast amounts of water last weekend and eating heaps of grass. Actually he was like a horse grazing. That's a thing Blue very seldom does. He wasn't sick with it, it came right through. I will get Milk thistle or artichoke extract today. Ive been putting some bach's rescue remedy in his water.
I'll tell you this, if he was poisoned then the vet will go through Hell with me.
The Vet I'm seeing now is only part time but really good.