Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #1

Daughter bumped her head

This evening my 2 girls asked if they could go for a walk to the school with their friend & his Mom & Dad to vote, I said yes & off they went.
When they come back, Jacks Mom & Dad came to see us, to say Ashleigh had been walking along the pavement & as they approached some scaffold, the sun glare was so bright she bumped straight into it, knocking her clean off her feet to the ground. There were 2 bolts sticking out & she bumped her head on one of those. Richard said the scaffold shook with the force.
There's no tape / cones / warnings there.
My husband went to speak to the people there, but they weren't in. He wants to make a complaint about the lack of warning. He is calling the council tomorrow for advice. He has taken some photos of the scaffold which is right on the pavement.
Richard said the colour drained from her immediately & she cried a bit too. She has got a small lump on her head, but not got a headache. She's gone to bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #2

Re: Daughter bumped her head

Awww poor Ashleigh ((((((hugs)))))), follow this up for sure x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #3

Oh Smudgely I do hope she is ok. You certainly need to complain to someone, that's terrible and could have been a lot worse too Bet her little head is sore tonight, poor love

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #4

Poor Ashleigh. I hope she feels better tomorrow.

Some people are such foolish idiots! Make sure they get a minimum of a warning for not having any signs, cones etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #5

Poor little girl, it could have been her eye!!!Make sure you do complain! ridiculous!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #6

Poor Ashleigh........ I hate to think what could have happened. There should definately been some sort of warning about the scaffolding

I hope she will be able to sleep alright tonight and won't have too much of a bruise there tomorrow....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #7

We aren't ones to make a fuss, she fell & broke her arm last year at a pub, on an uneven surface, but we didn't complain, it was an accident... but this seems downright dangerous, Richard said when he saw the bolt he thought she may have cut her head open, luckily the skin isn't broken. She was white as a ghost when she got back & they said they heard a thud, then saw her on the floor. Poor little poppett. John raised a good point about when it's dark, it must be even more dangerous, he's not very happy about it & has got the name of the scaffold company & got his photos, but thought if he phones the council they will be able to advise him as it's on council land (footpath) oh & it's just outside the school.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
03-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #8

what a shame - they definately should have tape around it - I'm just thinking of the last bits of scaffolding I have seen here and they had really bright tape around the area so you couldn't get too close to it

Hope shes feeling better in the morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #9

Hope she's okay,
Phone the council and complain, I am sure there should be sme warning tape/barrier around a scaffold. I mean there should be lights on skips so surely scaffold is the same.

Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #10

Years ago they used to put lamps at the base of the scaffolding and suchlike but they can't do that these days or the yobs would have a field day messing around with them....