Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #1

Your own grand design

If yogu were to build and design your own home, money no object space and location no object where and what would you design?

Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #2

Re: Your own grand design

Ideally I would like a a nice bungalow in Devon, in the country but not too far from a town. As for the design, I would have to think about that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #3

I'd love to build a house in the village where I live now. In fact right here would be fine, in this very Road. But with some land, about 10 acres should do it. A nice big detached 5 or 6 bedroomed house, with a massive kitchen. A couple of stables & a nice big cat pen for the rescue cats. I'd get a few more dogs too if I had that much space.

...you've got me dreaming now............

edit to add my animals in.... (by the way I'd like no immediate neighbours)
I'd have 2 Rottweilers. 10 chickens. 2 ponies....erm think that's it actually, maybe another cat, no maybe not.A goat possibly?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #4

I would also like to have about 10 acres, I would have a big American style porch at the front of the house and it would look very symmetrical on the outside.

As you go into the house there would be a large open hallway - I would have a cloakroom/wc, a sitting room , a formal room, a dining room and a large kitchen with breakfast room and also a utility room (with a dog bath included in it) This would be on the downstairs.

Upstairs I would have 3 guest bedrooms with on-suite bathroom and one fmaily bathroom and then the the master bedroom would have a walk-in closet and also a gorgeous bathroom. There would be a balcony so I can sit with my morning cup of tea and look over my 10 acres of land!

Outside I would have my own chickens and I would also grow my own veg and have a nice big greenhouse as well - ideally I would also like to have running water near by.

I think about this all the time - you never know one day....... now wheres my lottery ticket

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #5

Will think about this one and get back to you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #6

My house design can be the same as Emms please. (minus the porch & balcony) the rest sounds perfect though. Oh & got to be symetrical & you know what else it would have to be? No funny shaped rooms, all perfectly straight walls. no recesses (sp), just flat walls. I hate "iggledy piggledy" rooms. is that a word?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #7

Right, I've recruited Emm to design my house!!

Almost a Veteran Member

03-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #8

I totally agree what is with some houses and the strange shaped rooms - and walls that are not straight? my house is really bad for walls not being straight its a total nightmare

I want to add real fires in the living rooms and the dining room

Almost a Veteran Member

03-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #9

I would love to design your house Mags LOL

I can come up with the ideas just need to find the money now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #10

Well mine would be about 3 acres, I could do a lovely garden with that and manage on my own with it no help and maybe an old tennis court that I could turn into a wildflower meadow. But I would like it to be in a town I know thats unlikely but I prefer town living to country I like to get to a shop/take away etc.
The house would be an Old England style, and as you would draw a house a child, door central widows eitherside. But with a Waltons type porch at the front, with a swinging chair. to the right as you stepped onto the porch.
In Old England style you know the white cladding

Inside you would enter a hall large enough to hang you coats dog lead drop off point etc. With down stairs cloak off. But with a large long hall like a Victorian/Edwardian terraced house - with doors leading off, with a spindle staircase which would be white.
A door to the lounge with views over the garden and French doors to the rear garden, oh and a fuel buring stove or real fire.
A kitchen being large enough to have a breakfast area and a utility maybe as well. A walk in pantry And an Aga, and a door that is in a window to step out into a garden room, which would be large enough to have a dinning area and a sitting area, and lead to the garden. A room that would be a sitting room which would be comfortable.

Stair leading to a master bedroom with an ensuite. And two other bedrooms, a family bathroom.

And an atic room with eaves type windows.

I would not have any more dogs keep to my two, although I have always wanted a donkey or two no idea why.

Karen