Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #1

Squinnying Tuesday

Hello everyone ........ I need ear plugs today! Dora didn't have a bad night but has been squealing, squinnying and howling nearly all morning.

Just put both dogs in their crates as our grocery delivery has arrived. Back later!

I am back, shopping all put away hurray! Dogs have now accompanied OH into the sitting room as he is having his lunch. A member of another forum wrote a thread yesterday about a new word she'd heard .... "To Groke"....which means to stare at someone eating something you want. Anyone with dogs will understand that, even if the particular hound is never fed treats from the table!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #2

Re: Squinnying Tuesday

Afternoon Angie and others to come

Not a huge amount to report ... I have a rotten cold, my shoulders ache after a particularly strenuous pilates session and youngest is playing Herod in his school nativity play which is quite an achievement for him seeing as 2 years ago he wouldn't even get onto the stage! OH is seeing it today and I'm taking my Mum along to it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #3

Well Angie I am sure Dora will be back to normal shortly its an after effect from being knocked out.

I have been and brought my Aunt some dresses and coat and will be taking them over later hoping they are suitable took Mom with me but she is too poorly to go over this afternoon actually a better description would be not feeling brilliant rather than poorly.

Yola ouch with the shoulder and AWWWWWW about the play school nativity's are just Christmas to me. Sure he will do well and your Mom will love it.

There appears to be a smattering of colds going round but those that do seem to have them appear to be badly hit. Hope you feel better shortly.

Right have to make it over to my Aunts before the traffic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #4

Afternoon all!
Squinnying, that's a new one on me Angie, poor Dora hope she gets better soon, a few treats should improve her mood. Take care Yola, pre Christmas colds are such a b*gger to shuffle off. Hope the part of Herod doesn't mean #2 son gets into the method!
Take care on the roads Kazz, the traffic gets crazy this time of year and the darkness lowers your vision.

Need a new star for the top of the tree this year, going through the trimmings and checking bulbs etc. Think I've solved my cat issues going to put the tree on a table, I have two trees and will use the smaller one this year.
No doubt they will try and foil my efforts and there will be trauma at some stage, oh well, that's feline life.

Hugs to all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #5

PP - "Squinnying" = Squeal + whinnying (don't think it's in the dictionary!)

Kazz - is it a recognised sign post anaesthetic, do you know?

Yola - sorry about the cold. Hope the nativity play goes really well and your son enjoys it too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #6

Not sure if its recognised but I know Sal spent the following morning squeaking etc etc. The vet said effects......