Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #1

Please Welcome Kizzy!

Here is a photo of Kizzy taken this morning. She has been looking at pictures of her overseas relatives and I think she is telling me that I need to tidy my desk.

After being a very brave girlie last night and exploring the whole bungalow she is finding little hidey-holes this morning. So I am keeping an eye on her so I know where to look for her!

So far we only have one problem - she is really suffering from flatulence! She has however "been" and I am thinking it's just all the changes that have unsettled her atm. Hope her gut settles in the next few days........... poooooh!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: Please Welcome Kizzy!

Welcome to Catsey, Kizzy!!

How nice that we have another Smudgley cat joining the fold....

She looks very alert and at ease there, Angie ....... I hope the wind changes direction soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #3

So nice to see her in her new home, she looks so comfortable already, very pretty girl...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
13-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #4

What a lovely girl! Welcome to Catsey, Kizzy!

Hope things get a little less "breezy" over the next few days, Angie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #5

She's just lovely.
I suspect the windy tum is all due to travel/new place/maybe diferent food and will sort itself out swiftly. Bland diet - fish or chicken might work - but might also make her reject cat food offered later! Maybe a fishy cat food would be a good compromise?
As I've already said - she's lovely and she looks like she grew there!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
13-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #6

She is just beautiful!.. love her markings...
cute cute cute!!! How old is Kizzy Angieh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #7

She is estimated to be about 2 years old. She is so friendly, so cannot have been ill treated. Her coat is very soft, the softest cat coat I've ever stroked! Luckily for me her coat does not seem to make me wheeze or sneeze.

We were uncertain about what to do for the best during her first night here, so we just gave her the run of the place, like she will normally have. She ended up on our bed. A couple of times she came to investigate the noise (OH snoring) and as I was awake we had a cuddle until (I think) she got too hot and went back down the bed again. She purrrrs like a traction engine!

I think her behaviour is unusual for a cat, any cat, especially a female - but then I don't have a huge experience of different cats.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
13-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #8

Its funny cause Harri is the first female cat i have ever had... only ever had males and stuck to them because i was always of the belief that males when fixed were more affectionate... Harri seems to have broken that rule so far..
LOL at your OH snoring and Kizzy investigating... in our household it used to be my OH snoring his head off IN the bed... Tinky snoring his head off ON the bed and George snoring his head off UNDER the bed... it's a wonder i got any sleep at all between the 3 of them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #9

Awwww just look at her!!!!!!! Pretty girl!!! you must be so happy Angie and a tabby as well

Strange what you say about female cats, but Bronwyn is very affectionate, and always likes to be close to us, more than Arthur most of the time. She is as I type sitting next to me

Bronwyn was also a bit gassy when we first got her, it has settled down but sometimes I am sure somebody feeds her cabages when we are at work... !! LOL

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
13-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #10

Sounds like she's decided she's found the perfect home and the perfect humans! She certainly seems to be settling in well! Glad she's such an affectionate little gal! Miw is very affectionate like that (mostly with OH) but Mousie's usually only really affectionate when she's feeling poorly (and only with me) apart from her regular evening lap-time. So girls can be very affectionate too if they're feeling comfortable and safe where they are.....and sounds like Kizzy certainly is!!