Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #1

Looking for a rescue kitten/cat

Unfortunately our beloved 5 year old tabby - Paws was hit by a car yesterday leaving my daughter in particular devastated as she used to sleep on her bed every night.

We have always had rescue cats from the CPL and I am looking for another kitten/cat to take in as the house seems strange with only one cat - something very sad aout only having one bowl in the utility room

We still have a 5 year old tabby who is a big softie but we do not want to put him out hence thinking a kitten would be better allowing him to remain the dominant cat.

Having said that we are more than happy to take in an older cat if it would not upset Tommy who does not seem at all phased by his sister being missing. The only criteria being she would need to be very friendly and love cuddles.

I have tried to ring and email our local CPL but no response as yet, just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what would be the best thing to do.

Thanks
Tracey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #2

Re: Looking for a rescue kitten/cat

Hi Tracey - I am so sorry to hear abut Paws. I do sympathise and feel very sad for you and your daughter.

I am afraid that I am not "in the know" about rescue kittens, but there are several members here who are - I have my cat Kizzy thanks to them! I do hope that you can find just the right cat or kitten for you. Good luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #3

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your cat.
There are lots of rescue kittens out there, our CP branch now has about 40-50 kittens looking for homes from newborn to 8 weeks old, but unless you were prepared to travel a very long way, I don't think we can help.....

Catsey Junior

06-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #4

Guess I just need to wait for my CP branch to get back to me then Sounds like they may have kittens needing homes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #5

Good luck in your search; there should be lots of rescue kittens out there in need of a loving home. Do keep us posted on your search!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
06-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #6

Our local rescue here so far has two, one really small 11 weeks old (I think) and one 6 month old (really timid) but again unless you are willing to travel a distance then we can't help.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
07-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #7

I dont know myself as I have always taken adults. But any charity at this time of year will be inundated with kittens!

You mention you have tried the Cats Protection, have you tried the Blue Cross? They cover parts of Suffolk.

Catsey Junior

07-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #8

thanks for all the replies, I have tried the blue cross following your suggestion but unfortunately they had no kittens and no suitable cats.
However, the CP have just contacted me and they have loads of kittens, she is ringing back later so fingers crossed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #9

thats great, keep us informed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #10

Excellent news, Tracey! Hope the perfect kitten finds you!