Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: one beautiful girl
04-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #1

a little stray update :-)

hiya, i just thought i would add a few photos of charlie, the little stray i took in last year, he rules the roost but in a good way, such a playful happy friendly chap, and he loves playing with my two little nephews, and my rotty.

and i will say, I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVEN'T HAD A CAT UPTO NOW. he is wonderful, and so affectionate and has really brightened up my life, im soo lucky he wondered into my yard on that stormy night

[IMG]
[/IMG][IMG]
[/IMG]

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #2

Re: a little stray update :-)

well isn't he gorgeous Such pretty colouring x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #3

Some things (and cats!) are meant to be ...... you are both lucky to have found each other. I do love a happy story!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #4

He's a looker isn't he! It's good where there is a happier ending!

Catsey Junior

04-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #5

thanx guys, he is a beauty, and he is also spoilt

i do have a question aswell, i was thinking about getting another cat but im sure i wont be as lucky next time to find a cat who took to the dog straight away, im definitely thinking about getting a rescue cat tho. since having charlie Ive been looking into cat rescue shelters and cant believe how many strays there are, should i get another boy or does it not matter that much? i know with dogs its better to keep the same sex. (obviously it would HAVE to be neutered which ever one i choose) any info would be great.

p.s my dog Ruby is now 10 year old and with her being a big breed dog, i know shes unfortunately on borrowed time, she already has medication for arthritis and is starting to loose control of her bladder so the second question would be should i get one now to keep charlie company and to help with loosing ruby, or wait until there's only charlie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #6

Charlie is a gorgeous looking cat.
It would be great if you could offer a home to a rescue cat, i guess it's a personal choice when to get one. Sorry to hear about Ruby's problems, it's so hard when our pets get old.
One thing to consider is maybe Ruby's problems will take up more of your time, will you still have energy to settle a new cat in. I also wouldn't worry too much about company for Charlie as cats tend to be solitary animals unlike dogs.
Not sure about the boy/girl issue, if you manage to get a cat that is used to dogs then i don't think it matters.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Catsey Junior

05-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #7

thank you for your reply, ive had a bit of a think and youre right about ruby needing a lot of attention, and it wouldnt be fair on her (or the new cat) bringing in another pet while shes not 100%, so i have decided to wait.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #8

probably the right decision, see how things go with Ruby. I'm sure when the time is right you will be able to offer a lovely home to another rescue

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #9

I agree - Stacey for what it's worth I think you are doing the right thing! There will be another cat for you out there, no doubt.

Catsey Junior

09-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #10

thanx again, for the replies