Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
21-06-2014, 02:13 AM   #11

Re: For the Love of Cheddar

Yes I have been stimulating him to go. He is peeing with no issues but still no poop all day today. I've been trying the gently rubbing his bum with a damp cloth and rubbing his tummy. I have to stop after a bit though because his skin starts to get red and raw. Do you have any other suggestions I can try? He is wanting to eat more but am afraid to give more since he is so bloated and is not going regularly. I'm not withholding food, just giving him the same amount as in the beginning.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
21-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #12

As mentioned before, does he need worming? This may solve the bloated problem and help with him being hungry all the time. Small meals often is best, sounds like you're doing ok. He looks healthy enough. Vet could best advise because he can weigh Cheddar.

Catsey Senior

21-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #13

Yes he dewormed the other day and will get another dose in 10 days. I have a scale here too, he is 9 ounces now.
If Cheddar doesn't poo by tomorrow, I will try a different formula or get a laxative from the vet. Thank you all for your help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #14

Well he looks healthy enough to me I would do as you are doing myself give him another day. It is worrying but he certain looks well enough under your care so you are making right choices.

Catsey Senior

21-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #15

If Cheddar is well in himself I don't think there's much to worry about. I've had bottle reared lambs that got very fat round the tummy. Cheddar is a little sweetie, he's a very lucky chap.

Catsey Senior

22-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #16

That's good to know fecto's mum. Maybe he's just fat??

Here are some more pictures of our daily sun-bathing:

"Can we keep him mom?"

Monkey see, monkey do

Catsey Senior

22-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #17

What brilliant photos, especially the last one! Thinking about Cheddar having a poo, OH suggests a tiny amount of cod liver oil or any fish oil may do the trick. Yours dogs seem to have taken to him. I bet they don't understand how a 'puppy' could be so small. Cheddar obviously loves the dogs too. It's amazing how he shows no fear. You must be doing a great job

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #18

Smashing photos! Glad to hear that he is being wormed. I think I'd try a tiny bit of fish oil just to see if it helps him along. He is one lucky little orange poppet to have you caring so well for him. Keep those photos coming, I love them!

Catsey Senior

23-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #19

Cheddar finally pooped yesterday!!! I have never been so happy to see poo in my life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #20

HURRAH