Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #31

Re: Teddie update

Oh dear, poor Teddie raises all our hopes for a while and then dashes them again

It sounds like fish is the only thing her tummy can cope with Alex. That's a good idea of DM's to introduce sardines to her diet - if she can take those, they will provide her with more nourishment......

I hope this last bout of upset clears up quickly .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #32

Oh Alex I know how you are feeling, not that that is much consolation to you. Porsha has had a few bad days too of diarrhoea dripping everywhere, so bad her little bottom is raw I have given her a couple of days of the Promax paste and she has finally firmed up again but it is such a worry and so frustrating isn't it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #33

Poor Porsha!! We'll be turning to drink at this rate Fran. You wonder what is going on in these little kitties tummies that they are so sensitive, don't you? Did Porsha manage to steal some Christmas treats do you think? Teddie just couldn't seem to tolerate that bit extra of normal food, yet the salmon treats that she got a bit of on Christmas day didn't upset her at all!! Very strange. Though she did only have 2 little segments of the treat stick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #34

Oh Alex, this is sad; she seemed to be doing so well! Maybe the fish and a little HiLife will stop the runs, and hopefully as she gets older her digestive systm won't be so delicate. Poor little mite, wish I could give her a cuddle.....

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #35

I've given her one for you Eileen, thank you! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Poor Porsha!! We'll be turning to drink at this rate Fran.
Did Porsha manage to steal some Christmas treats do you think?

I've already turned to the drink Alex

The only thing extra/different that she has had to eat is the cooked turkey, which I wouldn't have thought would have hurt her??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #37

Big hugs all round I think for every one involved.
Could it have just been a case of too much too soon maybe Alex? Such a shame as you were both making good progress. I have a friend with a Maincoon, he had the runs constantly too, turns out he can only tolerate wet food and it has to be Felix beef flavour.
I really hope that as both Teddie and Porsha get older, their tummys become less sensitive.
Really feel for you both xxx
At least Eva's poo's are solid and easily cleaned up, makes me feel damned lucky.

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #38

Now Teddie had a little piece (and I mean little piece) of turkey on Christmas day, and no probs, but if I gave her the same size of a piece of chicken, then she'd have the runs again!!!!!

How on earth did your friend manage to discover what food and particular flavour his cat could tolerate Elaine, 'cause I'm too scared to give Teddie anything different now.

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #39

Unfortunately it was a long process of elimination and poor Billy had his bum shaved several times too.

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #40

Personally Alex, I would stick to what you know works for the time being, it may take a while but dont upset the balance too often for now. I sincerely wish both you and Fran all the very best. xxx