Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #1

Friday Daily.

Good morning everyone and welcome to the end of the week.It's Friday evening here after a decent day, but tomorrow is meant to get to 26 degrees, which doesn't thrill me at all.Haven't been doing anything exciting over the last few days except going for walks. I find walking on the flat OK but if I try a hill, my back and leg start playing up, so I stick to going down by the river and walking along the river bank. I'm still feeling groggy with these pills and so don't like to drive.Today I caught the bus to a shopping centre some distance away and managed to get a few things that my local supermarket doesn't have.

Tomorrow, my cousin is coming round for lunch. We'll have savouries which I must take out of the freezer. On Sunday, Michele and I are going out to see the Cane Corso . I want Michele to see what she thinks of her and I do trust her judgement. Jeff, the trainer is not getting anywhere with her and he feels there might be something neurological wrong with her.He's dealt with many abused dogs over the years and he thinks that by now, there should be a change in her behaviour, however slight. There's been no change at all.Things don't look too good for her at this point.

PAMELA, hope work is going well for you this week and the weather has allowed you to get out and do a few runs.You'll be looking forward to the weekend, I bet.

SHELLEY, hope your zoom sessions are continuing to go well for you. Were you able to attend your cousin's funeral ? I hope all went well.

YOLA, so pleased that your exercises are going well and you're getting some mobility back.You certainly have been through a lot.

Well everyone, I'm off to watch an episode of Criminal Minds on DVD, as there is nothing decent on TV tonight.

Have a good Friday everyone and hope the weather clears a bit for you at the weekend.

Stay safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #2

Re: Friday Daily.

Hi Dinky and anyone to follow.

It sounds lovely and warm over there Dinky i do wish it was warm here!! Thats not good that the tablets are making you groggy, as you say though best not to drive but it can be harder to go shopping and bring it all home on a bus. Glad you got what you needed though.

I hope you have a lovely lunch with your cousin. What kind of savouries are you having?

I do hope Michele can help with the cane corso girl, you hae put so much time in with her already, i will keep everything crossed for you

I have finished work for the day, been a long and relatively boring day if im honest. I did want to finish early but one of the other girls had already asked. Once i finished i went out and swept all the leaves away from my front door as it has been annoying me for a while but we haven had the weather for me to get out and do it. Its cold today but dry and stayed bright until about 445pm s its getting lighter at night

Not much planned for the weekend. I am making chicken and rice soup for my dad and he is either picking it up tomorrow or i will take it over. I hope he comes over as it will do him good to get out for a while. We are also going to clean out our fish tank in the kitchen as it badly needs a spring clean and we are going to move it and swap the dogs beds to where the tank currently is. Other than that its a quiet weekend!!

Hope everyone has a good one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2021, 06:47 PM   #3

Re: Friday Daily.

Evening all, Well I went to the funeral and met my dad and cousin Tracy who had asked me when it was.
As it got closer to the time I suggested we wait near the Chapel.
Her name wasn't listed, we saw the funeral procession coming and I quickly checked my text messages.
We were a week early,
As Tracy and myself headed back to the cars, my dad moved closer to wait for the procession, which was led by a horse in funeral garb and a glass coach with the coffin.
I couldn't work out what my dad was doing.
It then dawned on us that he'd not heard my apologies, lol, hope it gives you a laugh, we all need it.
Pamela, good that you're getting out for a run.
Let's hope your dad does call, it will do him good.
I'd love a fish tank but know they can be hard work.
Yola, glad you are able to exercise more.
I know what you mean when you talk of not putting the heating on, it's costing a fortune me working from home as I can't stand being cold.
Bet Kiki likes watching the world go by from the windowsill.
Dinky pleased that your tablets are helping.
I too hope things go OK with the cane corso girl.
My zoom sessions for work are going well, the church services are also happening online, azing what can be done.
They even take the kids out into break out rooms for Sunday school.