Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-01-2021, 09:32 AM   #1

Friday Daily.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley and Yola.

Friday 8.30pm here after another HOT day and the same expected tomorrow but wonderful news - Sunday and next week are going to be a lot cooler.Thank goodness. I did a bit of shopping this morning as my back is feeling a bit better with the new medication ,although it's still making me very groggy. Luckily I take it at night. On saying that, I was happily nice and comfortable in bed last night with Snoddy when we has an earthquake just out of the blue.Let me tell you, I wasn't groggy after that and didn't go back to sleep for ages.!!!!! I don't mind them during the day but I'm terrified of them at night, like most people who live in Christchurch and went through the massive quake and all its aftershocks. I can still remember hiding under the kitchen table all through that night ,with the children , while strong quakes kept coming and no power. I hope and pray we never have to go through that again.

My cousin came round with a gift this afternoon - a Cluster Puff mattress topper. for my bed. She has one and thinks they're great. Janna and i have put it on the bed and Snoddy seems to love it. as he's fast asleep on it. I can't wait to go to bed tonight. My cousin likens it to sleeping on a cloud. We shall see.

Tomorrow I'm going to try a new recipe that is low fat and healthy - a no-bake strawberry cheesecake. My neighbour gave it to me a while ago and keeps asking me if i have made it yet.Haven't had cheesecake for years but am looking forward to it.

PAMELA,how I envy your snow and cold weather. I bet the dogs love it. I can just see them running around in it. Hope you have a good day at work today and you're able to get out for a run if the ground isn't frozen. Snow always reminds me of a poem by Robert Frost, my favourite poet, called "Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening". I have a quote from this poem on my lounge wall and often read it.

SHELLEY, glad your zoom sessions are continuing to go well and hope you enjoyed your day off.Your dogs are very smart, not wanting to go walking in the rain. Willow hated the rain as well.I am so sorry to hear that your cousin, Lesley, has passed away. Even though it was expected, death always comes as a shock. AND Eric's funeral is today. Are you or Howard able to go at this time ?

YOLA, lucky you, having a day off today. I hope the rain has now stopped for you. Send it over to us please.I'm glad your boys are relatively independent regarding their school work.My middle child, Paddy, was totally home schooled by me from Year 1 through to Year 13 and let me tell you ,it's one heck of a lot of work and really a full time job. Fancy your eldest being the first Catsey baby. Surely that deserves a round of applause from all of us. When I hear that you are ringing NZ, it certainly reminds me that the world is really only a small place, thanks to technology. I hope you got to talk to some nice people.

Well everyone, must go and watch an episode of Criminal Minds then will try out my "new" bed.

Have a good Friday and stay warm and safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #2

Re: Friday Daily.

Hello everyone, frosty morning here today.
A visit to the farm shop and both Howard and myself are at Eric's funeral at 4.30.
The week after next is my cousins.
Have a church social on zoom tonight with a quiz so something nice to look forward to.
My dad had his first vaccination on Wed and feels fine.
Dinky, glad your back is a little better.
Sorry you had an earthquake, how scary.
Yola, round of applause like Dinky said for the first catsey baby.
Great that the boys education is taken care of.
Pamela, have you still got snow?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-01-2021, 08:03 PM   #3

Evening everyone,

Shelley i hope Erics funeral went as well as it could in this strange situation. I do hope you enjoy your zoom quiz How are you coping with the new lockdown restrictions you guys have? I do hope you are doing ok

Dinky how frightening to have the earthquake especially if it wasnt expected and during the night. How were Janna and the cats? All ok i hope. Im not surprised you didnt get back to sleep for a while.

Im not a fan of cheesecake but hubby loves it so i hope you enjoy yours when you make it.

I was working today, the snow is near enough away but some of the paths were very icy this morning but the temperatures have been above freezing today and majority of it has melted. I went for a run tonight and even the residential streets were 99% clear which was great!! Only did 3.25mile but was just nice to be back out running.

I am going to see my dad tomorrow and hopefully Steven and i will get out on the motorbikes on sunday as it is to be 7 degrees and wet so we will still need to be careful but will be so good to get back out.

Take care everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-01-2021, 08:39 PM   #4

Evening all. Some gardening for me today on my day off. Pulling out the straggly hydrangea by my front gate and buying a couple of mature yew hedge shrubs to replace it. It will then match the other side of the gate. With the house being a regency townhouse I’m trying to get a more formal look to the front.

Had a mammoth bed linen washing session today and now drying it bit by bit. Might dip into the school quiz tonight with our Waitrose curry. The head of rowing at my son’s school hosts a weekly lockdown quiz with his wife. Haven't got involved to date, but am going to try it tonight.

Sorry to hear about the earthquake Dinky. Scary. I did experience a mild one here when eldest was a baby and it was a nasty sensation.

Pamela - good to get out for a run. I miss it, but my knees and lungs won’t allow running any more. Have fun on the bikes. Scary too

Shelley - sorry you had such a sad day. Hopefully after your cousin’s funeral you can start regaining some equilibrium.