Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-01-2021, 09:50 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning everyone. Hope the weather is a bit warmer for you this morning and you are all set for a good day. It's 9pm here, Monday evening after a warm day of 22 degrees, but is meant to rain tomorrow. Janna has taken the cats outside in the back garden and I've got a mountain load of dishes waiting to be done, which I really don't feel like doing. There's not enough to put them through the dish washer, so I guess I'll force myself to do them later tonight.I haven't done much today except cut down a few branches around the front.I'm going to get someone with a chainsaw to come and trim back all the trees in the front yard soon and we might be able to see out of the front windows again. !!!

Yesterday I went to see the cane corso again and stayed with her for a few hours. Still nothing I'm afraid.She stays right away at the far end of the compound and if we approach her she will snarl. Her trainer has been unable to make any headway with her at all, and he spends hours with her in the compound.He can get within 3-4 feet of her, but fears she will attack if he moves closer.Kind words and food are not working and he is now going to try alternative methods. I daren't ask what , but this guy works with all our rescue mastiffs and is an ex police dog trainer, so he does know what he's doing.He's willing to keep working with her, and I'm grateful for that.She will be seen by the mastiff club's own vet again tomorrow, as the burns on her back appear to be not healing as well as they should. She has no name, but if I were to take her, she will be called Haven. It's going to take months of work, I know, but if only she would show some small sign of accepting us, I would be thrilled.

PAMELA, glad you've got this week off and i hope you find some time for yourself. just to relax and do some colouring pages.Sounds as if your dad had a lovely time with you all and that the meal went well, After your 5 mile walk yesterday, you must have loved relaxing and watching Cobra Kai. Good for you. The dogs must have been pretty tired too.Hope you have a great run tonight with your friend.

SHELLEY, hope you have a good day today as well.You are probably not back at work yet, so hope you get to do something relaxing with the dogs.I'm pleased that Malaika had a good birthday - perhaps you should have got 2 doggie toys instead of just one.

YOLA, hope all is going well for you and that you had a good weekend.Enjoy your Monday and hope your knees and shoulders are feeling a bit better today.

Well everyone, have a good Monday and stay safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Good afternoon Dinky

It s freezing here and icy which has meant my run has been cancelled as its too treacherous outside for it. Not much else planned for the day. Been shopping for some food.

I do hope you can make progress with the cane corso girl. The name you like is lovely.

Cobra Kai was great. We watched all 10 episodes yesterday but they are only 30mins each so a wee day chilling watching them!!

Shelley i hope you have had a nice new year.
Yola, how are your shoulders/knees?

Take care everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #3

Afternoon, it's pretty freezing here too. Back to work today - all this working from home is going to cost me a fortune in heating bills. I've filled in the govt online thing that changes my tax code advantageously to the tune of £6 a day but I bet that doesn't cover the costs of heating this big old draughty house.

There was a 13 year old boy stabbed yesterday in the suburbs of our large town by a bunch of kids known to him. He died in the middle of a field - beyond tragic. He was in year 9 and a number of my 14 year old son's friends knew him from primary school. I know what went on as they all saw it unfold on social media and it'll come out in the fullness of time, but I can't get my head around a child in the same year as my boy being stabbed in the back of the neck and lying alone, dying, in a cold wet field.

My knees continue to improve and shoulders to have a bit more movement in them. I really need to go and walk about - I'm up to about 6000 steps at a go now, but it's so darn cold I just can't face it.

Dinky - I really hope someone can get through to this very sad, very traumatised dog x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #4

Evening everyone,
Freezing cold here too, I'm struggling to keep warm in the house.
The dogs have been poorly for a couple of days with really upset stomachs, they refused food yesterday which was a first.
Today they are improving and have eaten but still not back to normal yet.
Had a zoom meeting with work this morning, most of the staff are furloughed again, including me.
Yola, that's Dreadful about the young lad, what on earth is the world coming too, how sad.
Pamela, I hope you enjoy your time off work and get things done as well as some nice me time.
Dinky, so sad about the dog, I wonder if medication is the way to go as well as lots of time.