Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #1

Tuesday Daily.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley and Yola.
It's Tuesday early evening here after an OK sort of day.Was pouring with rain this morning then cleared up after lunch, but never got too hot ,thank goodness. I hear that Christmas day is going to be cooler too, and may rain a little, so I'm happy. Gosh, what a kill joy I am !!!

Went out shopping this morning,and ordered 3 "Splatter Platters", from Hell Pizza to be delivered Christmas Eve, so that's the main part of my xmas day meal sorted.I'll just add new potatoes, carrots, minted peas couscous salad and of course the desserts ,which is all easy peasy, and so I'll have heaps of time to open my trillions of presents. !!!

My cats are driving me crazy. It's mainly Freddie who keeps jumping on top of Betsey every time he sees her. She can't even come into the lounge because he starts this crazy yowling as soon as he sees her , and attaches himself to her neck. I'm going to have a word with Michele (vet) after xmas because he's getting worse.Miracle, too, has been lashing out at Dickens all day. She's always hated all her babies, but at the moment, her behaviour is so much worse than it's ever been. Perhaps it's the time of year or something.

I went to see the cane corso on Sunday and I spent some time with her in the trainer's compound. She was petrified and wouldn't come near either of us, even for food.She has burn marks over much of her body and is very underweight, but I have no doubt that if we had cornered her and she couldn't have got away, she would have attacked. Willow was a rescue, but there was something in her eyes when I first met her ,and I knew that she would eventually bond with a human. I could see none of that with this poor girl - her eyes were just vacant. I'm going to keep going to see her and our trainer, who is an ex police dog trainer, is willing to keep working with her.He feels he has made some slight progress with her, but it may take months before she is able to trust a human and then we have to find out if she is trainable to live with cats. At least she is safe where she is and is getting good food to build her up.I do hope her rescue was not too late and she will eventually become the beautiful dog that she was born to be. Oh yes, the so called owner of this poor girl is hopefully going to be prosecuted and will never be able to do this to another living creature again.

PAMELA, I do hope that your leg has settled down now and you are able to go for a few runs. I'm sorry that you have to move into Tier 4 on Boxing Day, but I'm thrilled that you can be with your loved ones on xmas day.I bet you are looking forward to your xmas break too. Even if you're not able to go away anywhere, it will be good for you to spend time with Steven and your animals and just try and relax. I do hope you're still doing your colouring - that's a great way to relax.

SHELLEY, congratulations on your presentation. Of course it would go well and I bet the chocolates were appreciated too. Your trip to Darwen Tower must have been enjoyable, apart from the wind. It sounds as if you have some beautiful local walks in your area. Lucky you.

YOLA, sorry about the bad weather you're having at the moment and I'm also sorry that your aches and pains have returned with a vengeance.Hopefully you have some medication that will help. At least you have got all your xmas goodies and have finished work for the year, so you can relax a bit.Tier 4 must be very hard for you all, especially over the xmas period and I'm so sorry that your country has to go into such strict lockdown. Let's hope it's short lived.

I agree with you that here in NZ, we are lucky that we don't have any Covid cases in the community at this time and Jacinda Adern is a very strong and decisive leader. I do so hope that the world can quickly eradicate this new strain of the virus and the vaccinations that are now beginning in some countries will be effective and we can all look forward to a better 2021.

Well everyone, I'm off to watch Coronation Street, then to bed to read my book.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.