Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-08-2023, 08:25 AM   #1

Sunny Wednesday daily

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Wednesday, around 6.30pm and I'm all on my own tonight until 2am, when Janna finishes work. I hate it. !!! but I'm going to try and finish my latest Bible Study lessons on Exodus. That should keep me busy. The weather has been beautiful here today, around 18 degrees, but I didn't have any washing to do. Yesterday Janna and I did our shopping at the local mall and had a nice lunch at Mosaic Cafe. Unfortunately Janna got a message to ask if she could come in to work while we were eating, as someone had to go home sick., so she did so. That was only until 9pm so it was OK.and I wasn't nervous, but tonight, I'm looking outside and it's very dark out there. I know exactly how you must have felt, Pamela, when Steven was in London. Still, I'll pull my horrible curtains across in a wee while and get stuck in to my Bible course.

Update on the saga of my cat tower. The NZ rep doesn't have one ,but now the makers in Australia are willing to send me one. it will cost, but it works out cheaper than me getting one made here. It's not even a particularly nice cat tower - it's just a base with a thick pole and one huge platform on top. It's not particularly high either, but my cats already have 2 big cat towers, and as they are big cats, the platform is a great size for them. Also I want to put it in the lounge and the other 2 are really too big to have in here. I'll go ahead and order it tomorrow.

My sinus has been less painful today ,maybe due to the fine weather. It's meant to be nice tomorrow as well, so I may go to New World then and look at the cat food that I couldn't get at my local supermarket yesterday. Gosh, these cats are keeping me poor. !!! I just paid $60 for 2 bags of the cat litter that they like. I have to buy it online. They just won't use the supermarket litter

I cooked up some satay chicken kebabs for tea and put a couple in the fridge for Janna when she comes home if she wants them Also did a couple of kumara rosti and a few carrots and peas. Yum - I love minted peas.

PAMELA, I hope Mia's vet visit today goes well for her and there is some improvement. Yes, it must be so hard to stop her jumping and the poor girl must wonder why she can't go out for a walk with her sister. I'm glad you're working from home this week so you can keep an eye on her. Did Steven have a nice time in London ? Thank goodness he's back now. I really felt for you when you said you didn't like being in the house on your own at night. I know exactly how you felt. I bet you enjoyed your takeaway on Monday. I'm thinking of Mia tonight, and I'll say a wee prayer that all is getting better for her.

SHELLEY, sorry you're having such changeable weather, but hopefully you've been able to get into the sea and go on your beautiful walks. I hope you made it to Threave House on Monday and enjoyed your time there. Great to get in another game of bowls., but I bet you won't be beating Chris. What on earth is "pitch and putt"? I've never heard of it. Sounds interesting though. I hope your last few days in Scotland are relaxing and the weather clears up for you all. You might even be able to challenge Chris to another game of bowls again.

Well ladies ,I'm off now to do some study and hopefully get through the night in one piece.

Have a great Wednesday Pamela and Shelley.