Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-07-2023, 05:56 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Tuesday afternoon 4:15pm and it's cold outside, but no rain. It pelted down last night and we had all the tarps put down on the carpet, but still there was no flooding. I honestly don't know what to think. It's never flooded since Declan came and cleaned out the guttering, although he was adamant that it wasn't the guttering at fault. I daren't put the waterproof tarps away yet, even though they look awful sitting in the front conservatory. We have a heavy rain warning in place for the next few days ,so i hope it will be OK.

It's Brenna's birthday today but as she's working until around 10pm tonight, I won't be seeing her until Saturday night. I've got her presents all wrapped up but can't find her card, which i bought ages ago and put away in a good safe place - where, I don't know.

I was planning to go down to the local mall today ,and then do some washing but i did neither ,as I really thought it would rain again.My washing machine is full so i really must do some washing soon and I'll just use the dryer to dry it. My cats are hating the cold weather and don't want to go out at night now. We always give them the opportunity though but they usually just sit at the open door looking miserable and won't move. My wee birds are really hungry too. I throw food out to them 6 times a day and it doesn't take them long to get through it. I've got a starling who sits by the bird feeder all day, taking occasional pecks at it. He looks very fluffed up ,which makes me think he's not very well, but it may be that he's just a young guy. he can fly perfectly fine, which is good and he's been coming for about 2 weeks now - we call him Mr Scruffy-Feathers. Hopefully he'll come right because he would be impossible to catch.

Chicken pasta for tea tonight and stewed pears to follow. Nice and easy for me. I've got Coro Street on TV tonight and then Snoddy and I will go to bed and keep each other warm !!!

PAMELA, you'll be in Birmingham now. I hope you are having a good time and you and your team are able to have a few nice meals while you are there. The dogs will be missing you but at least you won't be gone for long.I know Steven is very good with them too. Please don't work TOO hard as well and safe traveling home again.

SHELLEY, I'm sorry to hear about your chest infection. You must be feeling really miserable, but hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick. Luckily it's your summer ,so I hope you are able to get a bit of sunny weather, which always helps. Sorry ,too, about having to move your place of work for 10 months. What a hassle. Still, as you say, you love your job with the children ,so it's all worth it. Hopefully the relocation will go without a hitch for you all. AND I'm glad your doll collection is going to be moved to a safer room. That upstairs room will be beautiful when it is all finished and your collection will be safe.

Well ladies, I'm off to cook some pasta for tea, and see if the cats might want to go out.
Have a good Tuesday . Pamela, enjoy your time in Birmingham and Shelley, stay warm and feel better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-07-2023, 08:46 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily.

Hello,
Feeling a bit better but not going to work. Will be taking the dogs out soon.
Later i will continue listing things for sale and post off what I've sold.
I have lots of lovely doll, teddy books but never look at them.
Dinky, our garden birds are very hungry too.
We've had baby robins, blackbirds and coal tits.
Hope you continue to remain flood free.
Pamela, i hope you enjoy Birmingham.