Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggie - Molly Moo!
03-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #1

Charity

I'm wanting to help raise some money for a Charity which is locally to me which helps children with life threatening illnesses from all over Great Britain. This charity supported someone my mum knows so I would like to help raise money for them but I'm not sure what to do? I will be setting up a Just Giving Page but I have no idea how and what to do?? Any advice is greatly welcome please.

Thank You x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #2

Re: Charity

There's the usual things like running marathons and jumping out of planes (gulp!). Or doing boot sales every week to raise funds. Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #3

What do you enjoy doing?? I am doing the Moon Walk in July and I am raising money for Breast Cancer. Atlhough it is 26.2 miles, I LOVE walking but I couldn't do it running, I think it is best to think of something you like to do or would like to have a go at and then make it a bit of a challenge somehow.

How about:
walking
Swimming,
Sponsored dog walking (you could also ge the owners of the dogs to sponser you)
Have all of your hair shaved off a bit drastic I know
How about any hobbies where you can time yourself doing a number, like knitting, drawing, painting etc

Catsey Junior

03-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #4

I like doing most things but Can't do running for very long due to a problem with my legs but can walk. Sponsered Dog Walking sounds good but I don't have a dog

Thanks for the suggestions so far I will have a little think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #5

Ask around where you live and see if friends/neighbours would be willing for you to walk their dogs, you could all meet up in a local park and walk (in the safety) of the park.

How about a sponsored bath full of baked beans/mushy peas say a £1 an hour for as long as you can bear it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #6

sponsored swim?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
03-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #7

- you could make cards and sell them giving the profits back to charity

- have a coffee morning and see if you can get some local beauticians or alternative health therapists to donate their time and people could pay to get their nails done etc with the money going to charity.

- bag packing in the local supermarket

- sponsored crazy golf

- collect things from people that they would have chucked out and sell them at a local carboot sale

Catsey Junior

05-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #8

Thank You for your suggestions. I think I may do a sponsered swim like Fran suggested. How Far do you think would be suitable and how do I go about it?

Thanks.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: NA
05-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #9

Hello!!!!
What about holding a table sale?
Most Church halls will happily allow you to use them for free if they know its for charity, you charge a fiver a table for people to sell their stuff on and you take charge of refreshments and maybe a tombola or raffle?
Does the charity offer any help to fundraisers? Most do, especially if you are doing a 'sponsored'.
As this is a cat site...could you do a 'cat show' for amateurs...you know like a dog one...most handsome cat etc...you could do it with the cats there, or ask people to send in photos??
Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
06-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #10

do something that you will enjoy and at the same time raising money