Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #11

Re: Pootle

It was Emma that persuaded me to get Eva, so she does have alot to answer for

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #12

Apart from her physical condition, Pootle seems to be a well adjusted cat and must have had a loving owner. Can you tell me what you generally do to try and trace any such owner? In this case, I would suspect perhaps someone who has moved or died - I know it's very hard to get any definite idea.

Catsey Veteran

02-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #13

Due to the time of year, the weather and her condition, I felt it was best to just get her checked by a vet and placed somewhere that she would be looked after. I am not in the habbit of catnapping for no good reason. She had no collar and no microchip.
I will however contact the cpl to see if anyone has reported a cat of her description missing. I was told to contact the SSPCA but given that my vet said she has a heart murmer, fluid in her abdomin, arthritis and is old. I was afraid they would just have her PTS. Myself and my vet felt she deserved a chance. I also need to talk with the people who own the house that i was pet sitting at, where she was found, to see if they have any knowledge of her.
Sadly though this area is pretty notorious for homeless, abandoned and feral cats.
Last year i had a very pretty young cat living in my cellar, I fed her, put up posters, contacted CPL, local vets etc. I took her to my vets to have her checked for a micro chip, she didnt have one, she did have a collar but no id barrel on it. Since Eva wouldnt allow her to come into my house, my vet handed her over to the CPL. I hope she found a loving forever home but I will never know.
Pootle will have a very loving and caring home with Emma, should no owner or info be found. Judging by the state of her though, she has been out doors for quite some time.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #14

It's heartwarming to know that Emma, with your help Elaine, has taken Pootle in and given her the love, care and shelter she so badly needs at this time of the year..

Catsey Veteran

02-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #15

Thanx every one, she is stunning and she is in good hands.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #16

She is lovely, and what beautiful eyes! She's going to be a stunner when she fills out, as I know she will with Emma's care; you must be feeling so very good at what you did, as well you should!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I am not in the habbit of catnapping for no good reason.......... Judging by the state of her though, she has been out doors for quite some time.
Elaine, I was in no way suggesting that you catnapped her at all! Just really wanted to know how you might go about trying to trace an owner, not necessarily this particular cat's. Poor darling, she is so lucky to have found you at all especially before this cold snap that they are forecasting.

I haven't offended you, have I?

Catsey Veteran

02-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #18

No Angie, I am not offended. Just felt that as i had whisked her off the way I did, it may have seemed to some that I took it upon myself to take what may not be mine to take, but I couldnt leave her in the state she was in.
Here i go justifying myself again
I feel confident that I have done her a good turn, we may never find out what happened to leave her in the predicament she was in but best not to dwell on such things because she wont be.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #19

Awww she's lovely, poor Pootle

I think she will be stunning when she has filled out

Love the name too

Catsey Veteran

03-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #20

I spoke with the people who's house Pootle was found, she has been hanging around there for several weeks. The couple had contacted CPL and had put some posters up but heard nothing. They had been feeding her when they saw her and were very pleased that i had found her a nice home.
They also asked if I had met the other strays a ginger tom and a kitten poor babies.