Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #1

Thursday, thankfully!

No builders yet, maybe they will wait until these showers have cleared.

Week today since Posh went, getting used to it now but hurts from time to time. Called Pearla by her name a few times and them remembered. Should be hearing from the vets about collecting her urn soon. Never mind on to happier thoughts, 3 weeks Saturday going on our weeks cruise to the Western Med.

How you feeling today Kazz? Keep taking those painkillers, you'll be feeling the effects as the anaesthesia wears off.

Hope all our doggie babes are ok and behaving. I'm glad on wet days like this I don't have to dog walk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

Re: Thursday, thankfully!

Hello P.P A week already - time has gone fast yet slow....I call Bella Sal at times it is habit and a name I do not want to never say again, I on occasion go to type "took Sal out" whereas it is really Bella have caught myself by checking before I post. And saying her name is something I do not really want to loose. You will be more settled when she is home with you. Although that is upsetting too. But a nice upsetting - if that makes sense.

I must have missed the bit about the med cruise where are you going and with what company? seems years since mine but it was only start of July.

I have to say my knee feels a lot better today although I am now taking the painkillers as the anaesthesia wore off yesterday I think. The crutches are a pain.......tomorrow I go to get this semi cast off and the bandages and have the wounds redressed if necessary and a brace fitted may get a walking stick as well as crutches not sure yet. Then the stitches out on the 1st Oct. When I should then be a little more mobile and able to walk/weight bear properly. And start to get on the road to recovery but so far better than I imagined.

So nothing much planned for today hope your roofers come.
So to everyone have a good day. And again apologies for not waking up in time for the quiz.

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #3

Hi Kazz - the roofers are here, bless em they are working through the drizzle but at least I'm keeping them supplied with tea and biscuits. Finished my ironing, just going sort out the washing again, it's a constant round isn't it?

Pearla is staying in, wise girl, Pandora is far too nosey and wants to check on the work outside. She hasn't brought in any more birds since I fitted a new collar and bell, fingers crossed she keeps this one on and doesn't lose it.

I've never broken a limb (touch wood) or had the need to use crutches but I would imagine they are awkward to use, good luck with the brace, think it would give more freedom in the long run.

It's just Ceri and me going on the cruise, I booked it way back in the winter now it's some thing to look forward to before the real cold starts here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #4

Afternoon PP and Kazz. I do still use Merlin's name every day and now and again ..... his little cat shaped casket is here in the study with me and I am now always pleased to think about him. I remember what a comfort he was to me through bad times but also what a wee b****r he was, unpredictable to say the least. Something I never worry about with my darling Kizzy, I trust her 100% never to bite or scratch.

It's very gloomy here today and blowing up for something. The forecast heavy rain hasn't arrived yet. Hope it gets done before tomorrow as I have going out plans. OH has a golf lesson this afternoon. His hip/knee are still paining him but his ankle is better today.

I also make abject apologies for not reporting for the quiz last evening. I was on the phone to someone for about half an hour and then things just went out of my head and I had to go and get some supper after that, just forgot completely.

Have a good day folks, hope your little grey cells are doing better than mine!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #5

Feeling 'meh' today. Didn't sleep well and feel sick and headachy. Will be giving the gym a miss this lunchtime as I suspect I'd fall off the treadmill! Tomorrow I will gym at lunchtime and swim in the evening with Sebi so that should make up for it.

Am definitely loosing some of the wobbly bits though - so all the hard work is paying off.

It's really horrible here - windy, cold, driving rain. I'm hoping that it will calm down abit by the time 5pm comes round and I need to go back up to school.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #6

Ugggghhhh sounds horrible Yola...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #7

Bloomin' awful here too, pouring with rain, windy and cold brrrrrrrrrrr ......... log burner is lit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #8

evening everyone, just in from work. Been a long day!! The weather is shocking here aswell although it is trying to brighten up just now.

Kazz, glad the knee is feeling a bit better.
Posh, did the builders arrive?
Angie, i do hope you manage to follow your plans tomorrow and the weather doesnt stop them
Yola, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, hope you feel better soon

We are off to dog school with Barney tonight for his first advanced class so who knows how that will go especially since its a full moon!!! take away after it as a treat

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #9

Hi Pamela, yes the builders came and have done the front of the roof! I'm pleased with it so far. Fair play they coped with all the drizzle.

Hope the weather cleared up for the school run Yola, its great here now, may even have a red sunset!

Tom's been calling in after school this week, he's taller than me now, just turned 14, long hair and all gangly arms and legs he cracks me up, a real Kevin and Perry type

Have fun in the dog classes everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #10

evening all.
Been a very busy intense day at work, i'm begining to regret increasing my hours actualy as i feel realy tired tonight.
Going to London tomorrow afternoon with work to see Rod Stewart at the o2 arena. We are travelling by train, having a meal and then watching the concert. we are staying overnight in a hotel and traveling back saturday.
Pamela, hope the classes go well.
Karen, glad your knee is a little better
Angie, your log burner sounds lovely
Yola, get well soon
Nettie, your cruise sounds great
Sometimes i wonder about people who haven't touched base for a long time, Tink and CM being two ?