Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #1

Winter Sunday

Blooming heck its dark, blustery, wet and freezing here today.
Any one on FB please check out Cabrach Radio, you might not understand it but it is damned funny to listen to. Fair cheers me up on a dreich day lol.
Well every one here is fine. G is off to Qatar for a month at the end of the week, not so chuffed about that as I have a house sit booked in and I hate to leave Milly on her own over night but I will try to work something out and maybe take the dog back here every second night or something.
There is a possibility that G may be away more often with work after this trip, so I will have to stop doing the house sitting side of my business.
New venture? I dont want to say too much as I am scared I jinx it and am not completely sure how viable it will become, if at all. I want out of dog walking, mainly due to the long winters and I am not getting any younger. With more and more people setting up dog walking business's, maybe I should leave it to the younger ones. So what I and a friend are trying to do is set up a dog walkers association, we want to try to provide help and support for dog walkers in our area by way of providing training courses etc as well as trying to regulate ourselves. We have spoken to the council and dog wardens who seem quite happy for us to try to do this and we hopefully have a meeting with the council next month.
Its proving difficult to get every one together, some feel its going to be some sort of club to bad mouth others etc, NOT what we want at all. There are those who set up thinking its an easy job and easy money and are finding it hard, rather than dis' these people, we want to help them succeed.
Training courses, seminars etc all happen south of the border, nothing and no one ever comes up this far to do anything worth while doggy wise. So we plan to start at a local level using people we know, gun dog trainers, dog wardens etc to hold talks, demonstrations, discussions etc etc.
Anyhoo, better head off and get dressed, I have some dogs to walk on this horrible day.
Be well every one xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #2

Re: Winter Sunday

It's very still outside yet the weatherman has said it's going to be very windy and rainy later. No plans for today, just taking it quietly, fed P & P and they've gone for a wander.

Pandora has a bell collar on again, she's a huntress and I think I should have called her Diana, after the goddess of hunting, perhaps I can protect the wildlife a bit.

Pearla has been very sweet and nudging me for strokes and petting, although she can be a wicked girl, she rolls over on her back and when I absently stroke her belly she goes in with the claws and teeth! she kicks like a rabbit too! I stop and scold her but she thinks it's fun.

Hope all of you are feeling well and your pusses and doggies are all fine, love hearing about the dog antics. Miss my Bronnie, my sheepdog, maybe she'll spot Posh at the Bridge and they'll remember each other and reunite as whole and happy friends- thats my dream anyway.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #3

Oh Dear- telepathy again Elaine, please join us up someone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #4

My, you two early risers and writers ....... I'll add to this thread only because it was a wee bit earlier, so no offense meant PP!

Well, sad you have got a horrid morning, which is what was forecast. Here atm it's glorious, blue, sunny and calm. Hope it lasts ...... OH is out with the dogs and he has new Winter agility class with Monty early this afternoon, which was to be followed by Dora's first class which she will have to miss, being in season. OH is going to ask whether he can stay on and run Monty again, otherwise it's money wasted.

I have found a local calligraphy group and hope to start at the beginning of October. OH has been trying to get me to go out more (!) so if all goes to plan I'll be out on Thursday afternoons and he'll have to reschedule his golf! Serves him right.

Elaine - your new venture sounds really interesting and you have all my best wishes to make it happen for you and your friend. Glad to hear that G is active again, I presume his back problems have been sorted? Sad though that he'll be away more often. Swings and roundabouts eh?

Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Tummy rubs to all Catsey cats today as Kizzy has already had hers. Luckily for me she doesn't react like PP's P!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #5

Just a quick good morning from me, only cause I couldn't sleep last night and trying to find things to do to keep me awake now lol.

New venture sounds interesting Elaine, good luck with it, and aye, you're not getting any younger the radio is hysterical btw.

Morning PP x
And the calligraphy group sounds fab angie, let us know how it goes.

I'm off to look at a wee touring caravan this afternoon, very excited

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #6

The business venture looks good to me Elaine, it's a pity some are reluctant to support you because they think it's easy money, huh, they should try organising ANYTHING! I'm sure you'll put your heart and soul into it and lots of hard work too. Hope you get help and money from the council, it will be hard to prise anything from their coffers though, I expect.

Have a good day all you lucky ones in the sun, no rain here yet, trust me to be having my roof off tomorrow -
P&P having fun on the scaffolding today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #7

Well Good Morning Vietnam.....

Its cold but bright here although when the wind gets up you can feel the threatened storm.

From yesterday list (green indicates done)
Bella's boosters sorted - booked for Monday
Front garden sorted.
Repair the front step (moved the big plant pots this year)
and seem to have disturbed the mortar so need to sort it.
Hair cut.
Eyebrows threaded.
Shopping
Rubbish removed
Living room furniture - rearranged.....not sure to where but we fancy a change.
Bathroom well shower cleaned.
Hall stairs and landing vacumed
Maybe relay the stone circle in the back garden
Buy a mat for the back door.
Walk Bella a few times.....

Managed to sort the front garden out and moved a few plants about - cut back for winter too a bit early however it could be now of never given my surgery so maybe 3 weeks earlier than my norm.

Going to try and get the daffs in but the cold chill is offputting.....yes even for me. So can see the stone circle waiting a while. in the back.

Added more to my list as in getting the new raised bed topped up with good compost and the raised planter too.
Ready to put the bulbs in.

Anyhow got to go have hairdressers shortly.
See you all later will try to take a picture or two of the front/back so you will have an idea of which I speak.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Blooming heck its dark, blustery, wet and freezing here today.
Any one on FB please check out Cabrach Radio, you might not understand it but it is damned funny to listen to. Fair cheers me up on a dreich day lol.
Well every one here is fine. G is off to Qatar for a month at the end of the week, not so chuffed about that as I have a house sit booked in and I hate to leave Milly on her own over night but I will try to work something out and maybe take the dog back here every second night or something.
There is a possibility that G may be away more often with work after this trip, so I will have to stop doing the house sitting side of my business.
New venture? I dont want to say too much as I am scared I jinx it and am not completely sure how viable it will become, if at all. I want out of dog walking, mainly due to the long winters and I am not getting any younger. With more and more people setting up dog walking business's, maybe I should leave it to the younger ones. So what I and a friend are trying to do is set up a dog walkers association, we want to try to provide help and support for dog walkers in our area by way of providing training courses etc as well as trying to regulate ourselves. We have spoken to the council and dog wardens who seem quite happy for us to try to do this and we hopefully have a meeting with the council next month.
Its proving difficult to get every one together, some feel its going to be some sort of club to bad mouth others etc, NOT what we want at all. There are those who set up thinking its an easy job and easy money and are finding it hard, rather than dis' these people, we want to help them succeed.
Training courses, seminars etc all happen south of the border, nothing and no one ever comes up this far to do anything worth while doggy wise. So we plan to start at a local level using people we know, gun dog trainers, dog wardens etc to hold talks, demonstrations, discussions etc etc.
Anyhoo, better head off and get dressed, I have some dogs to walk on this horrible day.
Be well every one xxx
Morning Elaine
Exciting things afoot in the household then...good on you for thinking outside the box...........nothing was made by taking no risks.
Hope your plans come off especially with the reduction of dog walking - around here doggy daycare places have popped up of recent times people appear to drop their dogs off like children for the daycare provider.
Glad to hear G is better working away can be a pain but better than not working, and being miserable.
Stay warm and dry, on this early winter day.

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
It's very still outside yet the weatherman has said it's going to be very windy and rainy later. No plans for today, just taking it quietly, fed P & P and they've gone for a wander.

Pandora has a bell collar on again, she's a huntress and I think I should have called her Diana, after the goddess of hunting, perhaps I can protect the wildlife a bit.

Pearla has been very sweet and nudging me for strokes and petting, although she can be a wicked girl, she rolls over on her back and when I absently stroke her belly she goes in with the claws and teeth! she kicks like a rabbit too! I stop and scold her but she thinks it's fun.

Hope all of you are feeling well and your pusses and doggies are all fine, love hearing about the dog antics. Miss my Bronnie, my sheepdog, maybe she'll spot Posh at the Bridge and they'll remember each other and reunite as whole and happy friends- thats my dream anyway.
Good morning I hope you feel a little more settled, I like the idea of calling a cat Diana (could not do it myself my sister is Diane )
Pearla sounds like my Cleo she used to do the same thing almost as if she wanted to be cuddly and nice but the self preservation thing kicked in and nature took over cats on back are normaly there to fight or kill something with all available resources ie teeth and claws.

Would you consider getting another dog PP? That's a nice thought I wonder if the "dream of afterlife" exists if our animals regardless of knowing each other get together....nice to think so.

Have a good day and stay warm and dry and content

Catsey Veteran

15-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
My, you two early risers and writers ....... I'll add to this thread only because it was a wee bit earlier, so no offense meant PP!

Well, sad you have got a horrid morning, which is what was forecast. Here atm it's glorious, blue, sunny and calm. Hope it lasts ...... OH is out with the dogs and he has new Winter agility class with Monty early this afternoon, which was to be followed by Dora's first class which she will have to miss, being in season. OH is going to ask whether he can stay on and run Monty again, otherwise it's money wasted.

I have found a local calligraphy group and hope to start at the beginning of October. OH has been trying to get me to go out more (!) so if all goes to plan I'll be out on Thursday afternoons and he'll have to reschedule his golf! Serves him right.

Elaine - your new venture sounds really interesting and you have all my best wishes to make it happen for you and your friend. Glad to hear that G is active again, I presume his back problems have been sorted? Sad though that he'll be away more often. Swings and roundabouts eh?

Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Tummy rubs to all Catsey cats today as Kizzy has already had hers. Luckily for me she doesn't react like PP's P!!!
Morning Angie the class sounds ideal for you given your interest good to have a hobby like OH and his golf and now dog agility which is shared I suppose.
Sure he will be able to run Monty - and Dora will be up and running again soon.