Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #1

still dark Saturday

it's still dark as it's so early.
Today is doll fair day so i'm just about to set off. The car is stuffed full of dolls and teddies to hopefuly sell.
I go early then i can help my friend set up.
I'm looking foward to seeing lots of doll friends today.
Hope everyone else manages a lovely day.
Thinking of you Nettie and hope you find something nice to keep you busy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #2

Re: still dark Saturday

Good morning Shelley, enjoy your day at the doll fair.
Only thing I'm doing today is dropping Ceri off at the rugby match then going to the swimming pool to do a few quiet lengths. My head is still muzzy, not sleeping well, heart still heavy . I know Posh is safe and out of distress but oh I miss her so much. Trying to remember happier times with her but just feel so sad at the moment. Sorry to be glum.

Next week will have more to concentrate on as the builders are coming to replace my roof tiles and battens. Fingers crossed for dry weather. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #3

Morning all.
Enjoy doll show and hugs to you PP xxx
Am off over to practice some agility with Rayne then I have a meeting with some other dog walkers to discuss my new, hopefully I can pull it off, venture.
Then if it remains dry I need to clean the van, take Rayne for a nice long walk. I had planned to take her to the beach but I heard reports of a bloke trying to tempt dogs away from owners with food, he then pops a leed on them and tries to walk off. Its a scarey thought losing my wee dog.
Really need to get the next unit of my course work finnished at some stage soon as the final part is REALLY going to stump me.

Anyway have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #4

Morning people. To everyone Good Morning and as a certain someone would have said "Its early for a daily" but much appreciated

Its grey and slightly chilly here (okay you dragged it out of me its cold) Getting kinda used to wearing my glasses but keep forgetting although have left them in the car maybe contact lenses would suit me better may look into that any contact wearers on here?

Anyhow moving on loads to do having had my Op moved forward by a week........got to get between now and Monday evening.
And the list is growing................
Bella's boosters sorted
Front garden sorted.
Repair the front step (moved the big plant pots this year)
and seem to have disturbed the mortar so need to sort it.
Hair cut.
Eyebrows threaded.
Shopping
Rubbish removed
Living room furniture - rearranged.....not sure to where but we fancy a change.
Bathroom well shower cleaned.
Hall stairs and landing vacumed
Maybe relay the stone circle in the back garden
Buy a mat for the back door.
Walk Bella a few times.....

In between eating and sleeping and living.

In answer to your question Shelley I will be recouping for approx. 6-8 weeks (due to nature of my work standing etc and the surgery) I am now having my ACL replaced with my hamstring and the meniscus repaired/removed (see what comes about) both in my left knee.

Shelley - have a great day at the fair and sell loads....

P.P So pleased you have not changed your name....and be as glum as you like, try to have a good day it gets not easier but different, having your roof done big building project there hope it goes well.

Elaine That's scary......trying and obviously at least coming close to encouraging dogs to come with him...wonder why?...nowt as weird as folks.
What's your new big adventure with the dog walkers of Scotland then? You can't drop titbits like that and go off to agility training.
Can we help with your course work in any way>>>> throw us something to do.

Angie Hope its going well with Dora and maybe that's what has "increased her tearing stuff up the other week" being close to coming into season and misplaced/den building feeling that she confused and sort of moved to another level y going for the cushions etc.

Anyhow I have to be off lots to do and only 2 and 1/2 days to get it done. See you all later alligators.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #5

Afternoon all ....... bit gloomy here but dry atm.

Shelley - enjoy your dolly and teddy day, hope you sell lots!

PP - yes, an achy heart takes time. Go for it in the pool!

Elaine - I agree with Kazz - what NEW VENTURE???? You could always say MYOB, but throwing that tidbit is of course meant to get us all (ALL???) wanting to know more. Very scary about the dognapper. We've had similar panics in this area lately, men with a white van.

Kazz - hope you manage to get all you want to finish off done before your op. Who is looking after you while you recover? I know you have family around, so I presume you'll be well cared for.

Dora is definitely in season. OH said a big Rhodesian Ridgeback was showing interest this morning on their walk. Nothing bad, but just interested. Poor Monty doesn't understand why Dora doesn't want to play and he doesn't seem to want to play with other dogs. He was so sweet yesterday afternoon and kept bringing Dora her tennis ball and dropping it in front of her, pouncing on it, taking it away and bringing it back to her. He knows it's her favourite. Dora is clingy, mopey and just not herself - to be expected. We are giving her extra smooths and kind words. Can't believe it's going to go on for at least 3 weeks!

I am getting back into family history. I have finally made contact with a first cousin who is an experienced researcher and we are swopping information almost daily now.

Have a good day folks, take care of those you love, human, feline and canine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #6

Evening all! Been a surprisingly lovely day here today, blue skies for most of it. Enjoyed my swim, helped clear my head and relaxed me. You may think this is silly but I found some fluff after Posh stuck to my dressing gown and it was so soft and downy, I rolled it into a little ball and put it into my locket, it's just a little part of her with me all the time

Glad you have recommenced your genealogy Angie, it will be a great winter evenings hobby.

So Kazz, you will be packing a lot in before your knee op. Don't overdo it, you need to be on top form to recover and getting worn out will weaken your immune system - the secret is - DELEGATION!

Elaine, reports in this area too of dog-napping, lots of posters up warning people to never leave dogs tied up outside shops or in open gardens; what is the world coming to!

Shelley, hope your dolly day was a success

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #7

evening all.
Thank you the doll fair went well, i realy had a lovely time meeting with dolly friends, i sold lots and bought some nice things, very tired but happy now.
Nettie, i have some dog hair that i found after Max had gone, it is a small comfort. Keep busy, we are all thinking of you.
Elaine, i too am curious as to your new venture ? Hope the agility went well
Angie, poor Monty getting short shrift from Dora
Karen, i didn't know you had a stone circle in your garden, how nice, my yoga teacher has one.