Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #1

wednesday

Morning everyone. Its looking like its going to be a lovely day here.

Thinking of PP today and hope all goes well at the vet.
Apologies for not really posting the last few days, been loaded with the cold and been feeling rubbish.

We are off to the vet again tonight, not for Harris this time thankfully. Its for Barney.

OH took him out last night and noticed him limping badly on his back leg, doesn't seem to be in any pain except for when you touch it. He hasn't yelped when its happened or given any indication as to when he has hurt it. OH is going to take him to work with him today to keep an eye on him.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #2

Re: wednesday

Good Lord we are keeping the vet world afloat between us, hope its nothing major Pamela.
And sorry to hear about the cold seems to be a lot about.

I am off to bed shortly so see you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #3

Hello - sorry for prolonged absense; very busy here with start of new term and back to work for me.

Myshka sailed through his dental a few weeks back and even though he lost most of his teeth, he is still happily crunching his way through his biscuits.

I have joined a gym local to work and boys' school so most lunchtimes and of an evening when they are at school attending clubs ... I'm down the gym or swimming! It's starting to work. I can now easily get into 14 jeans rather than squeezing myself into 16s!

Nette - let us know how little Posh gets on please!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #4

Morning all ...... not too bad here, but much chillier than lately. Might be putting the thicker duvet back on the bed today or tomorrow ..... haven't got the thermals out quite yet though!

Yes, been thinking about PP and Posh this morning. Had a wee chat to my darling Kizzy and asked her to put in a word with The Great Cat, a big calming lick for Posh is hopefully arriving soon.

OH's car is in the garage today for some work/MOT. I've just had a call to say it's failed ..... poor OH is out with the dogs so he'll have to phone back when he gets in. He might have to have a big calming lick too!!!

We all have the week off from dog training as our brave trainer, her OH and friend/training assistant and all their dogs have been doing a sponsored walk in Cumbria for Lurcher SOS.

Pamela - fingers crossed for whatever is causing Barney to be lame. Dora seemed to have a similar thing a few weeks ago, but we checked her to make sure there was nothing obvious and it did pass in a couple of days. They do keep us on our toes, don't they? Nice that your OH can take him to work and keep an eye on him.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #5

Morning all !

Up early to take my angel to the vet hospital for her tests. Took all the food away last night so Pandy and Pearla weren't too pleased with me but at least Posh was nil by mouth, she had water though. Posh seemed a little more confident this morning gently feeling her way around the house. Using her whiskers and sense of small and hearing a lot more I guess. She found her litter tray and tried to use it but she missed her target and there was a bit of spillage, oh well trial and error I suppose. The vets will ring me later to collect her, hope she isn't too stressed.

It's looking very dark and gloomy here, rain is imminent. Going to start a bit of vacuuming soon, and keep busy otherwise I'll be clock-watching- will let you know later what the vet said. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #6

afternoon all.
PP, hope Posh is home soon.
Pamela, hope Barney is ok
Angie, hope there is nothing too wrong with your car
Karen, have a nice restful sleep
Been for a blood test this morning to check my thyroid function, then off to work soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #7

Posh is home, I've updated the thread in 'Health' now we have to wait and see. The vet said she had a personality change there as they tried to get blood off her, she got her claws out and gave them a merry dance! She must have been scared though being unable to see to fight off her 'enemies' poor baby.

Pearla is capitalising on her mate's misfortune by stealing her food, but Posh really hasn't bothered with it, just had cat milk for now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #8

Glad to hear posh is home PP.

Thats us just in from the vet, barney was really good given its his first time there with us. The vet thinks he has a bashed toe so he has been given metacam and antibiotics to make sure there is no infection in his nail bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #9

Awwww ........ loads of vibes being sent for our Catsey cats and dogs this evening.