Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #1

A bit chillier Sunday

Morning all ...... have to say I put the bathroom heater on before having my shower this morning. Definitely feels a wee bit chilly in the mornings now.

OH has gone off with Dora for the second monthly Rally Obedience training with our usual trainer. Evidently Monty was so good at his advanced class last week that OH said he would take Monty this morning, but was cried down because the trainer, the trainers' OH and the assistant are all Lurcher lovers and like Dora better than Monty - I call that prejudice! Still gives me time alone with my woolly Bogle, he's two weeks away from being groomed! I was at the kitchen sink a little while ago and heard Monty's usual barks from the sitting room and, as I appreciate his alert calls, I went to see what was disturbing him and saw the sweetest thing, Monty sitting up in the chair, nose pointing skyward he had started his "call of the wild" imitation wolf howl! I had to laugh and give him a hug, shame I didn't get a video.

Ah well, off to clean the kitchen floor now. Have a good trip back from Scotland Shelley; PP are you off to Jersey today, if so, have a good journey and enjoy your break. I hope everyone else enjoys their Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #2

Re: A bit chillier Sunday

Yes it is a fair bit chillier here too. Watching a programme that I have sky+ it is the Horizon programme about dinosaurs - the hunt for what they were. Fascinating about the bones found in Hells Creek a soil which has a property that seems to preserve almost.

May pop out to the front and tidy the garden time to move a few plants around I think.

Angie hope Dora enjoys it. Do Monty or Dora mind being the ones left behind??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #3

afternoon everyone

Angie, i do hope Dora and OH enjoy the rally.
Kazz, did you get your tidying done?

Not long in from a dogs trust open day which was really good. The springer rescue scotland were there which was good as thats who were we originally looking to rescue a dog from before barney came along. I am looking at volunteering to do the home assessments for people looking to rescue a springer. Would love to become involved with the charity.

We also got Barney a bandana that his collar feeds through. Its blue with the scotland flag on it. Looks really smart. We came back in to find he has taken a liking to a new toy!! Our plastic tinfoil holder which we thought was safely up on our kitchen worktop!!! Obvioulsy not up safelt enough!!

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #4

Hey he is a Springer I think his mind works like if it ain't food its a toy.

Glad you have had a good day I do the odd home assessment for SBT welfare/rescue hope you do join its a lovely feeling.
I have applied to join something too its a group called Beanstalk http://www.beanstalkcharity.org.uk/
Volunteered as a reader helper....firm sent just got to wait. Think it will do me good too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #5

that looks good Kazz. I am a volunteer tutor and also a mentor. Haven't done it in a few year but im still trained to do it. So rewarding. When i worked as a special needs auxiliary, i loved helping the kids with things like reading.

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #6

You are good, you two. I wonder what I could do? Cat fostering comes to mind, I have a big spare room doing nothing. No dogs allowed in there. I wonder .......... we have a hardly there CP in this area.

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
You are good, you two. I wonder what I could do? Cat fostering comes to mind, I have a big spare room doing nothing. No dogs allowed in there. I wonder .......... we have a hardly there CP in this area.
Do you have to do anything............?
If you want to then do something you really really like.

Catsey Veteran

02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #8

Well, I don't have to do anything, but neither do you or Pamela!

I do really really love cats!

Catsey Veteran

02-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Well, I don't have to do anything, but neither do you or Pamela!

I do really really love cats!
In that case CP would be ideal when I was recovering from the hysterectomy of you recall I volunteered on a temporary basis for CP as a phone contact for neutering and spaying.