Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #11

Re: Road Trip Friday

Hi, all. Gorgeous day, brilliant sun, 20 C (68 F) and will make 27 by afternoon, To th bank and market, out to the garden to admire 2 new irises that opened today, pics later.

Too much bad news today! Alex's OH, Winnie, Hestia, Tink's mum, Rachael being difficult! So sorry, Good that the staples are coming out today Kazz, and that you like the new FF, even though it's in the wrong place. I hope you've defeated the RSM once and for all, Angie. Waiting for news about Fifi, good luck getting the water softener installed, MrsH!

Stay well, have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #12

Turns out the plumber boss wasn't quite right! The only way the softener will fit in the cupboard (and it's the only one suitable because all the water pipes go behind it and are accessible) is by cutting a hole in the floor of the cupboard so that the softener sits on the floor itself! So that's what they did, then they discovered that the flexible connecting tubes don't fit the location so they'll be back on Tuesday after the Bank Holiday! Good job they're a reliable local family firm (and we still owe them money for the bathroom face-lift, so we know they'll be back!)

Sounds like you've got some lovely weather there Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

30-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #13

It's gorgeous, MrsH, and predicted warm for at least 3 - 4 more days, so went ahead and set out more of the basil and hot peppers.

What a nuisance about the softener! Hope it's all sorted after te Bank Holiday. I don't have a UK calendar this year, what is being celebrated Monday?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #14

Winnie has gone to the Bridge.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #15

Oh Tink, I'm so very sorry

It just wasn't to be, she was very ill but you managed to give her plenty of love during her last days.

Sleep tight little one ....xx

Catsey Veteran

30-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I don't have a UK calendar this year, what is being celebrated Monday?
It's MayDay Eileen, except that in the UK we don't celebrate it on 1st May (that would be too logical! ) instead we mark it on the first Monday in May.

Catsey Veteran

30-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #17

Oh Tink, I am so sorry. But her last days were full of comfort and nothing but love. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #18

Thank you. She not only had the insulinoma but a spinal disease of some sort and her lungs were full of fluid. She had a few days left if that and she was having trouble breathing. Her blood sugar was very low and me and the vet decided it'd be kinder to send her off peacefully. I promised her I would take care of Cooper for her and go on and play and be young and healthy again. Right before she took her last breath both of her eyes looked right at me (she'd never done this before with the blindness) like she could see again and she stared right into my eyes and had the most content look on her face.

Catsey Veteran

30-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #19

Oh that must have been such a comfort to you, Tink.

Catsey Veteran

30-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #20

I'm sorry to hear this Tink, it sounds as though she was ready to be released to the Bridge .