Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #1

Monday's Thread

It's a gloomy day here - overcast but not chilly. A bit breezy, just continuous cloud cover and a bit miserable really.

Bad news in the greenhouse - I think I have red spider mite. Some of my seedlings are being killed and it's not snails or slugs. There is a bio control and I think I'll have to get some otherwise I won't be growing anything in there this season. It's the dry weather that's caused the blighters to multiple. They are only visible when adult.

I've been to the vet to get Stronghold for Kizzy and Pip. I also bought a vibromouse!!! Pip doesn't know what to make of it yet. Both cats have now been "done" and have fled to the garden. Should dry quite quickly and hopefully keep those fleas at bay for a month. Something has been biting me, but I can't say what. Loads of midgey things around already and wasps ................ isn't it a bit early for wasps?

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #2

Re: Monday's Thread

Sun is shining here. I've dropped OH at the office and Domi at his friends house. Been to the nurse to have my op site checked . . . healing up nicely. Then took Fifi to the vet; see separate thread for that. Just had lunch and I'll be leaving Sebi here with my Mum and heading off to collect Domi and then spend a couple of hours in the office (he'll be in a corner with his DS).

Allotment is doing well; potatoes are up after only 2 weeks in the ground; everything in the greenhouse has germinated but cauli and brussel sprout seedlings have faltered and seem to be shrivelling, not sure why!

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #3

Could be RSM Yola - I've just used SB Invigorator Spray to see if it helps. Your shrivelling seedlings sound just like what's happened to mine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #4

Gosh you are clever people being able to grow things. I'm no gardener, i just buy the odd shrub stick it in and hope for the best.
Work this morning, then some housework/washing this afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
26-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #5

MrH had a fairly exciting day yesterday, he went to collect his entries at the end of Fleet's art exhibition to discover that one of his entries had been sold and that his pastel portrait of Morgan our cocker spaniel (which wasn't for sale as it belongs in our dining room!) had been voted Best in Show and he's won a £20 voucher for a local arty supplies shop!

He really needs to do some portraits of the cats but can't seem to get them to sit still long enough to get a good photo taken!

Today he's out for a long lunch and gossip with a former colleague so it's just me and the hairy ones here today. Jason and Molly are hiding somewhere upstairs and Morgan keeps bouncing up to the window wondering when his dad is coming back home.

Sorry the green-fingered ones are under attack, go get the beasties!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #6

Congratulations to MrH, he must be so pleased.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #7

Hi all, a thoroughly chilly gloomy day here: 11 C (53F). We lucked out, the violent t'storms passed North of us last night. But more predicted for today/tonight. No errands, out in the garden a bit & took some iris pics.

Big congratulations to MrH, he must be so pleased! That's annoying about the RSMs, hope they can be controlled. I've never had that, but don't have a greenhouse, perhaps that's why? My seedlings are just in the house on a windowsill...?? They are getting very big, almost ready to set out when the weather improves a bit.

Hope it's a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
26-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #8

Afternoon all,
A rare early finish for me, sore feet and tired so I'm vegging out on the sofa with Darcy. Discovered this afternoon that Darcy has a fairly big inguinal hernia which will need surgical fixation tomorrow It's a fairly straightforward op but needs to be done as there's a risk that the intestine will become 'trapped' in the hole and strangulate.
I won't be in there but won't stop me worrying about my baby!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #9

Poor Darcy, I know you'll be glad when that's over. Do let us know how it goes.

Haven't sen any Imogen pics lately .... hint!

Catsey Veteran

26-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #10

Sorry to hear that Darcy will need surgery PL - I'm sure it will all go fine. I'll be thinking about her and you tomorrow.

Second the hint about Imogen photos!