Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #1

Wednesday's daily

All good wishes for Kazz for today!

It's a beautiful morning here, bright and sunny with little fluffy white clouds in the sky (soon be seeing those vapour trails again!)

The ironing's done, OH has gone out to cut daughter's lawn and the dog and I are on the sofa relaxing with tea and bikkies (well actually he's just watching me enjoy them, I don't share )

Have a great day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday's daily

Morning MrsH, morning everyone. My thoughts are also with Kazz today, wishing her well.

Lovely day here too, but chilly. I put fleece over my plants in the greenhouse last night as they were forecasting ground frost, but I don't think we did actually have frost here. Still, better safe ........

I'm going to do a little experiment with some leeks today. Apart from that, grocery delivery and probably some weeding and pot tidying. Trying to decide what to put in pots this year for height. I do like the larger pots to have a bit of something larger, feel it balances better.

Have a good day everyone.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #3

Lovely sunny day here again ...... with the occasional hum of a plane overhead.

Thinking of Kazz today, hope all goes well and she'll be back home soon.

Nothing for me to do today as I have doctor's orders not lift anything or stretch my arm after my hospital appointment yesterday. I think that calls for a lounger in the garden this afternoon

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #4

Don't strain yourself putting that lounger out Mags

All good wishes to Karen from here too.

Well, I've just been to the docs to get my 4 little stitches out and the blasted wound opened up again Which now means I have to have more dressings and more nurse check ups, darned nuisance.

Sun is shining but it's a bit nippy . . . still, I'm feeling more cheerful; nothing to do with the fact that we've just landed a 50K order and I know I can pay the salaries at the end of the month!! Phew.

Global Moderator

21-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Don't strain yourself putting that lounger out Mags

Well, I've just been to the docs to get my 4 little stitches out and the blasted wound opened up again Which now means I have to have more dressings and more nurse check ups, darned nuisance.
Thanks for that news Yola, just what I didn't want to hear today!

I had to have a mole which had a Keratin horn starting grow out of it, removed from my arm yesterday. I had 4 internal stitches and further stitches to close the wound. Not looking forward to the stitches coming out next Tuesday at all now!

Catsey Veteran

21-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Thanks for that news Yola, just what I didn't want to hear today!

I had to have a mole which had a Keratin horn starting grow out of it, removed from my arm yesterday. I had 4 internal stitches and further stitches to close the wound. Not looking forward to the stitches coming out next Tuesday at all now!
That's exactly what I had, but at the top of my leg! Thankfully I only had 4 surface stitches.

Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you . . . I think I have a history of stitches not closing properly - remember when my c-section wound started unravelling after Sebi was born??

Global Moderator

21-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
That's exactly what I had, but at the top of my leg! Thankfully I only had 4 surface stitches.

Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you . . . I think I have a history of stitches not closing properly - remember when my c-section wound started unravelling after Sebi was born??
No worry Yola, I just thought it 'funny' that you should post that after I had my stitches in yesterday!

Oh yes and I remember your problems after Sebi was born. that wasn't nice at all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #8

Hi, all. gloomy weather here, way below normal at 10 C (51 F) with drizzle and showers. Hope it lets up so I can get the rubbish/recycling out for the pickup. A day to sleep in and potter about, which is exactly what I'm doing.

Thoughts with Kazz today of course. Sorry you both are having sore spots, Yola and Mags, take it easy. Why can't they use the dissolving stitches for us as they can for our cats? I had to go back for removal after my cancer surgery, not nice! Good to hear that some planes are flying at last.

Quiz at 8 tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #9

Bit of excitement here! OH and I have bought a camcorder for our Anniversary present (next Monday) and it arrived today. OH managed to record a Robin singing and I have recorded Kizzy and Pip playing in the garden - trouble is, I can't keep my comments to myself, so it's a bit cheesy - but it is the first trial. Have downloaded an editing suite too, but need to learn how to use that - oh, and how to upload to somewhere I can link to here so you can see it!

Catsey Veteran

21-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Bit of excitement here! OH and I have bought a camcorder for our Anniversary present (next Monday) and it arrived today. OH managed to record a Robin singing and I have recorded Kizzy and Pip playing in the garden - trouble is, I can't keep my comments to myself, so it's a bit cheesy - but it is the first trial. Have downloaded an editing suite too, but need to learn how to use that - oh, and how to upload to somewhere I can link to here so you can see it!
That's exciting Angie! I bought OH one for Christmas . . . it's a bit tricky to get the hang of after a stills camera but quite fun to use