Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #1

Tuesday daily

Morning all off out to walk Gert, and like Griff collect my prescription, and with a bit of luck a pack of paracetamol for my knee/back or some heat wraps for my back at least. Actually out of both. High hope if not a hot water bottle which I will strap to my back LOL

I feel for anyone with mental health issues being told to self isolate. However can see the need think what is scary is this is not something we can "fix" this is something out of our control as human beings, and we are simply not used to it and also the symptoms and signs seem so "fluid" cough/fever that it mimics lots of standard although sometimes just as poorly things.

Looking at celebrities who appear to have it Idris Alba ETC they appear to look well so how do you tell and now we are not testing unless you are taken to hospital, so who is to say more people do not have it than we realise and its spreading.

Do you go to work? if you do not do you get paid? how do you pay the mortgage/fuel bills? These are questions friends of mine have mentioned when speaking to them. I know the government has said immediate access to SSP not a 3 or 5 day wait whatever it was.

Overall I know no one who has it, but a few who are self isolating including my niece although hers has become sinusitis, but initial symptoms were fever and a headache. Stay well everyone.

One excellent thing the board should become busy again because we will all be able to do nothing but chat online. LOL

But seriously The reason we are supposed to be careful isn’t because COVID-19 will kill me, but because I could get it and kill somebody else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily

Working from home. I was exposed to someone last week whose child has the virus. I'm asthmatic and have compromised lung performance so it's a very real worry for me. However, I'm lucky and can function remotely so it's not affecting my ability to work and so far I feel fine. I know there are many more who can't wfh, and who might suffer if full quarantine is imposed. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

My younger boy is just getting over chicken pox. At 13 it was no laughing matter - he was absolutely covered. Currently upstairs in the sitting room doing a conference call with his school planning how remote lessons will happen if the schools close!

Cats are all sleeping after having been fed so I'm now back onto the copy corrections for one of our leaflets.

Keep safe and well all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-03-2020, 09:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Working from home. I was exposed to someone last week whose child has the virus. I'm asthmatic and have compromised lung performance so it's a very real worry for me. However, I'm lucky and can function remotely so it's not affecting my ability to work and so far I feel fine. I know there are many more who can't wfh, and who might suffer if full quarantine is imposed. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

My younger boy is just getting over chicken pox. At 13 it was no laughing matter - he was absolutely covered. Currently upstairs in the sitting room doing a conference call with his school planning how remote lessons will happen if the schools close!

Cats are all sleeping after having been fed so I'm now back onto the copy corrections for one of our leaflets.

Keep safe and well all.

Stay safe and well yourself Yola, and given the info from the few people who appear to have the virus lots appear to feel well. Hope you stay that way and at worse build an immunity to it. Glad you can work from home. Look after yourself my friend

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
18-03-2020, 05:11 AM   #4

Hi Kazz and Yola, Pamela, Shelley and anyone else who may be around.

Wednesday afternoon here and I've just come back from the supermarket where it's just crazy.People are certainly stockpiling food and lots of the shelves are now bare.

Kazz, are you able to work from home? I hope you are able to find some relief for your back. Bad backs make you feel so miserable.It's good that your niece doesn't have the virus.

Yola, sorry you're in self isolation but thank goodness you are able to work from home.I do hope that your son is feeling a lot better, poor kid.

I hope you are all looking after yourselves and keeping safe and well. My cousin's son's partner is returning from Australia tomorrow and will be in self isolation for 14 days.Luckily we only have 20 cases of the virus here in NZ so far but that number will increase.I have diabetes so am trying to avoid close contact as much as possible with people. It's a worrying time for many people. I especially feel for elderly people on their own.

Anyway everyone, keep strong, take all precautions and hang in there.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and rats, and their guardians.