Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #1

insurance

WHo does everyone insure their firbabies with? My 2 are due for renewal and are currently with PDSA whom i had no problems claimimg when harris was poorly last year. However, they have changed the excess to £100 PLUS 10% of the outstanding vet bill!! Dont agree with them doing this s looking elsewhere but dont want to be paying more than the odds for it!! Tried Petplan as i have barney with them but they are expensive. Also potentially need dental care covered!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

Re: insurance

we are with more than and it's ok, however my parents have their dog with them and it was cheaper for my dad to stop the policy and take out a new one with them. Also they don't cover behavioural treatments which some firms do.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
03-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #3

None of our animals are insured, it would be too expensive, we have too many. I use comparison websites for all my other insurances. You can add and subtract things as you need. They may be worth a try, they always save me money on my car and home insurance.

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #4

used comparisons and wasnt impressed, shelley, do your folks have any problems with more than except the 1 you mentioned?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #5

none of us have had any problems with more than but then again none of us have ever tried to claim anything. The policy we have sounds good but i was disapointed to discover that behavioural issues aren't covered. I do know that some policies cover behavioural treatment. Our policies aren't cheap and of course they go up each year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #6

Both cats and both dogs are now with PetPlan. Monty started off with KC (mega-expensive) and then went to VetSure but PetPlan's cover gives twice as much as VetSure for the same premium. I've claimed once for Pip and once for Kizzy and claims have been settled quickly and with no hassle.

Catsey Veteran

03-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #7

If I go with petplan it's £45 for the 3 of them which I feel is a bit expensive. Had no problems with post, just don't agree with the excess changes.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
04-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #8

DirectLine offer the cheapest for my 2. While comparison websites are great, some providers aren't included in them, and may offer you better deals direct.
Can I also recommend looking at a cashback website as well? I use QuidCo. Both for comparison sites, and individual providers.
Just did my home insurance and saved £60 shopping around, and expecting £20 cashback from using QuidCo.
If I didn't have insurance for my 2, I'd be in even more debt by now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #9

Feliss raises a very good point about cashback sites - I use TopCashback and have had money back on car insurance in the past.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #10

I have Myshka insured with Animal Friends. They don't cover dentals as standard but I think you can pay an additional premium and get it covered. They are lovely to deal with, not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. You get to speak with real people and not call centres and everything is professional and customer focused.