Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
17-06-2014, 01:57 AM   #1

Toys Safe for Kittens

Cheddar is getting more active and such. What toys are safe for kittens? What else could I give him to give stimulation? I will be transferring him to a big crate and put chicken wire around it so he can't get out and see if I can rig something up to put some levels in there too. I'm afraid of letting him loose just yet as he is still so small and I don't want the dogs to hurt him (they've never been around cats) or for him to get lost somewhere in the house.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
17-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #2

Re: Toys Safe for Kittens

Ping pong balls are brilliant for kittens. Good idea with the crate, it will give the dogs chance to get used to seeing him and the smell of him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #3

Yeap ping pong balls and I always found scrunched/screwed up newspaper balls works wonders too and a few news paper sheets stood to make a "tent" sort of effect cats/kittens love to hide and as he
gets older I found mine adored nuts to play with brazil or large nuts in shells, centre of toilet roll holders or kitchen roll holder the cardboard centre. And an empty carboard box with a few kitten sized holes cut in randomly he can jump on top then underneath, mine also liked a rolled up small sock nice and scrunchy to paly with - they think its prey.
Even an empty paper bag will keep him interested and moving as he grows (good thing about all of the above is you can throw them away when they are soiled or finished with)
I adore the name Cheddar by the way

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
20-06-2014, 02:05 AM   #4

Thank you for the suggestions.

I will fixing up his new room this week-end. I have been doing some intros, so far so good. Dallas still avoids him though. Go figure, the biggest dog is afraid of him.