Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Friday

Morning everyone!

Yes Elaine, it's Friday again!!

We've had some overnight rain but things look brighter this morning and the forecast for the weekend is good..

Just the usual household jobs to do today and a few bills to pay.

I hope all the unwell people and pets are feeling better today and are able to enjoy the weekend ahead.

Enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Friday

At home with Sebi today. Got the electrician in doing some additional lights/sockets and later someone's coming over to give me some costs for rennovating a couple of our more damaged sash windows. Also have to run into town for a couple of things! I like Fridays because I can do things at my pace

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #3

So that's one week of my annual leave eaten up already ! yikes Going away for a few days next week, hope this dry weather lasts.
Yola, any nice anniversary surprises or do I have to send the boys around to sort him out
Mags, I'm with you in the housecleaning business, it's a bnd but gotta be done.
Have a good Friday everyone, Elaine, have another one!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #4

A day alone in the office with a whole tin of Cadbury's roses...

OH is off sick today with a nasty cold that seems to be doing the rounds. I'm sure the boys will keep him amused His parents are coming round with a tv for us (their old one but much bigger and greaty quality) and we'll be getting an indian take-away, the thought of which is keeping me going through this slow afternoon!

Also went out on my lunchbreak to stock up on lots of natural remedies, as my energy levels have been at an all time low for the last two weeks. Partly out of tiredness and partly pyscho-somatic methinks. Got some Ginseng (great for energy level), Wellwoman multi-vitamin, and a 7 day course of Royal Jelly liquid vials to take. My mum swears by these! I'll be rattling to work everyday, but fingers crossed they work!

Yola - I wish I had a day when things could go at my pace! Work is always too slow, and then there's always too much housework to be done when I get home. Even though OH is home all day, he'll use his manflu as an excuse to have done nothing at all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #5

Hi all!

It was a misty morning when I awoke, but the mist cleared and it was blue sky and sunshine for a while, but it's grey again now and I'm thinking about putting another jumper on.

I had to go and have a blood test this morning. Lovely nurse and so apologetic that she couldn't find a vein and when she did, although a bit came out it then stopped and she had to try and find another. I've got three holes in my left arm, bruising's coming up a treat! General blood count and thyroid levels (which I am really pleased is finally being done). Just reading your post of today and yesterday meep - when did you last have your blood count done? Anaemia is so common and so easily treated!

Our lounge looks dreadful - nearly all the furniture is out, ready for Monday - just a few chairs and the TV and a small table left. We used to smoke in that room and the wallpaper looks absolutely awful! I have taken some photos, but don't feel like posting them, as they look so bad - might wait until I can give you a "before" and "after"!

Have a good day and enjoy your weekend everyone.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #6

Angie - ouch for the holes in your arm But good to hear you'll be getting some results soon To be honest I've thought that I may be aneamic, and may indeed go and get my blood count done (never had this done before at all to my knowledge! Last time I had blood taken was well over 6 years ago, I don't even know my blood type )

Is anaemia something that can develop?

I have just been waking up every morning exhauasted. OH commented the other morning when I declared with a yawn "I am KNACKERED" that I use the word knackered about 4/5 working mornings I used to be so full of beans as a teen. And I have got an energetic personality, always talking and buzing, so it frustrates me when I'm so low on energy as it totally hits my motivation to do anything...

Anyway, self-indulgent rant over! Angie, I'd love to see photos of your lounge as I'm a home-improvement junkie! Before and after photos would be great, but don't be embarrsed by mess, I think the most mess you make the better the finished product will be

How's Merlin taking to all the disruption?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #7

Afternoon, people! Heavy cloud deck here with the usual prediction of rain, and still cooler than normal, only 21C. But warmer weather is coming by Sunday... Usual market run and a bit of yard work before the mosquitoes decided I was their lunch!

Poor Angie, I remember those bruises well...the doctor I used to see was awful at phlebotomy even though I have good veins,,,ouch!!! I have no idea what my blood type is either, no one ever said and I didn't think to ask..was just glad to get out of there! Good suggestion about the anemia, meep! Hope those treatments will help you perk up and get back to normal.Elaine, I'll be good and refrain from teasing you about Friday....

Hope all the poorly people and pusses are feeling better and can enjoy the weekend..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #8

Still at work... work full time now 9-5.30 Monday to Friday... was that or no job at all!!! As the Estate Agent business suffers we are losing so many staff and they are not replacing to save costs... I now cover two branches full time, rather than one part time...

Two lots of branch admin to do, but at least I am still employed....

Only hour to go and I can go home!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #9

Hiya all just got in from work and its raining still here.

Yola what happened to the house move i it still on the cards?

To everyone who is poorly hope you feel better.

Have a good evening all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
So that's one week of my annual leave eaten up already ! yikes Going away for a few days next week, hope this dry weather lasts.
Yola, any nice anniversary surprises or do I have to send the boys around to sort him out
Mags, I'm with you in the housecleaning business, it's a bnd but gotta be done.
Have a good Friday everyone, Elaine, have another one!
Please send the boys around PP they'll have to get behind me and my frying pan in the 'sorting out' queue though LOL!!!

Karen, no - house move very much on hold. We didn't really want to move it was just consideration for the boys and a larger garden but as we have a huge park 10 minutes walk away we'll stick with that. The house itself is plenty big enough

Meep - my pace is usually breakneck, but I don't like to be hassled or watched. I just like to get on with things and crack through them!