Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #1

What talent do you wish you had?

We have all admired other people at sometime or other and have wished that we could...... do that.....be that......play that etc.

So what talent would you have liked for yourself?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #2

Re: What talent do you wish you had?

I'd love to be able to sing well. I sing a lot - don't even confine it to the shower, but am probably a bit tone deaf and out of tune.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #3

id love to be able to draw. i really envy those who have that talent. well its a gift really.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #4

To play an instrument, probably a guitar. I have no musical talent whatsoever, and sing badly, I think .......

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #5

I agree with calismum, I'd love to be able to sing! You can generally tell what song I'm trying to sing, but it just doesn't sound musical or pleasing to the ear. I adore musicals, especially Les Miserables, and wish I could belt out one or two of them.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #6

Everyone can sing-until they go to `big school` where some bullying oaf who only cares about the school choir insults 12 year old boys and tells them to sit down.

Drawing and me never got on.

I can play a few chords on the guitar-but my voice and my strumming never could keep time.

But those were talents not realised-think about those one has-I defy anyone to be in my presence for 15 minutes without laughing-usually it just takes one look

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #7

Steph, I'd have to disagree and say that some people can definately sing wonderfully, and some people really aren't as blessed (ie, me!) You just have to compare me and my old flatmate. She could sing Alanis Morisette songs, for example, pitch perfectly and sounded just like her. Very compliated vocal fluctations etc. She'd never been to one singing lesson. I, on the other hand tried, and wasn't ashamed to sing in front of her or others around the house, but my brain could hear the note but my voice just couldn't match it

Maybe after training a lot of people could become better singers, but I just wish I could naturally belt out any song I wanted, with a strong voice, and reach every note.

But making people laugh -that is an excellent talent which I wish I had!

I guess I'm good at art (drawing, painting) got myself a scholarship at school but never followed it up. Can dance pretty well too (one of my favourite things of all time!)

Other than that, I feel like I'm a Jack of all traders, Master of none!