Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Sunday

Good morning everyone!

Hope you are all safe and sound this morning, it looks like the worst of the weather is past for S. Wales and it's travelled further on up the country ...........
It's dry here and sun is forecast for today and tomorrow, I hope the met office is right!

Nothing special planned for today, just a tidy round and the dinner to prepare later.

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Sunday

Morning
I haven't actually looked outside yet but I think its raining. Had the longest lie in this morning and am just up so my eyes are still half shut
Going to give Eva a good groom and a bit of a pamper today. She seems a bit better today.
Other than that, nothi8ng really planned other than to cut my nails as they are hitting other keys when typing which is why I end up with numbers in the middle of words etc.
Have a good day all, I hope the weather is better for everyone, feel so sorry for those who have been flooded out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #3

You are a couple of early birds, Mags and Elaine I had a lazy morning.Just finished my lunch and catching up with news and Catsey. The storms have passed for now, some awful stories from around us here, the rains have ventured North by the sound of it.

Yola, I hope the party went well despite the deluge. It is nice for Dom to be able to celebrate with his pals.
Elaine, you give the little diva an extra bit of pampering from me bless her fluffiness.

Cheers me dears!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #4

Afternoon all
The rain hasn't let up here since yesterday. I'm so glad I dont live close to the river.
I've been quite good today. Made a pot of soup, roast in cooking away slowley, just got to hoover.
Going to my friends in a bit for a shower. Cant handle the bath today
Then this evening a cosy night with a bottle of wine and some good company

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #5

Afternoon, people! Well, the storm wasn't as bad as predicted in my area, we did get 3.90" rain, which is more in one day than the normal monthly rainfall for September (!), but the winds never gusted over 50 MPH, no power losses here. The usual flooding in the flood prone areas. It was a quick moving storm; today is sunny, blue skies and quite chillier than normal, only 21C. Felt good to be able to get out of the house and market; I hate being stuck indoors. The garden is looking quite refreshed after the rain, which was needed...although not quite so much.

PP: glad you're OK, sounds like a dreadful storm there...
Jac: enjoy the wine, wish I could share a glass with you!

Hope all enjoy your Sunday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #6

Just a late catch-up with Catsey this evening. Glad that everyone is OK. Dreadful watching the footage of the flooding at Morpeth. Feel so sorry for those people - it seems they had about 10 mins warning.

It's not been too bad weatherwise here today. Been able to get outside and start cutting back in the garden. Terrible crop of bindweed this year - I hate it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #7

You have bindweed too? Awful, isn't it! And I have thistles this year, not the ones with large purple flowers which I can sort of tolerate as they are pretty, but the ones with little yellow flowers that pop up everywhere! And pokeweed!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #8

Oh yes, bindweed by the bucket load, Eileen! As to the yellow thistles, if this is what you mean:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonchus

we do get those, but not pokeweed, thank goodness.

So glad you are OK after the storm - the hurricane season seems to be particularly nasty this year affecting southern states, and we have the problem of the Jet Stream being further east than usual. Strange weather.