Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #1

Saturday's daily thread

Morning all !

Waking up to terrible flooding and lots of distress in our neighbourhood but , Thank God, we are unaffected.
A young girl lost her life in Powys, homes in our valley are wrecked by floodwater and the residents will not be back there by Christmas

It's dry now so Bron has been out for a walk and Posh has sniffed the outside air too. I'll venture out later for some groceries and to visit my grandson who is celebrating his ninth birthday today. I believe he is sharing it with one of your boys Yola,

Have a good day anyway, keep dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #2

Re: Saturday's daily thread

Its been raining heavily here, but no flooding or anything... got lots to do today... shopping and tidying up mainly.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #3

Morning PP - so glad you are safe. Watched some coverage of the floods on TV - so sorry for those poor people. There was a woman who had been flooded out 3 times in one year. Not sure the forecast gives much hope of continued dry weather which is what we all need.

Keep safe everyone and dry if you can.

Morning Donna! We posted at the same time!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #4

I used to travel to S. Wales a lot on business so it was very sad to read of the water damage to people's homes and lives - made some good friends in Cardiff, Swansea, Cowbridge and Merthyr. I'm glad you're OK PP.

The day of Dominik's birthday party is here! I have most things ready; just need to make the sarnies and distribute the sausage rolls into the lunch boxes OH has taken the boys into town for a bit to enable me to have a shower and finish preparations. I'm hoping and praying the rain holds off. Plenty of black clouds scuttling around in the strong winds by currently dry.

PP - Dominik's bithday was a couple of weeks ago, but as most of his friends were on holiday as it was August (made that mistake last year), this year I've waiting until the start of the school term for his party

Right, gotta dash . . . much to do. Will be thinking of Elaine and Eva . . .

Oh, and hi Donna and Angie . . . didn't see your posts there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #5

Morning everyone. Ive not long surfaced .
Ceilidh got up and put a DVD on poppet that she is.
Wet and very windy here today. Even got the heating on again. (must be getting old )

Doing a shop then batting down the hatches.

Stay safe everyone

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #6

Morning all - what is wrong with our weather.. Torrential rain here last night and everything is sodden ........ quite a few lake-like puddles around but fortunately no flooding that I've heard about. My sympathy to all those of you in S. Wales, it must be an awful worry for you. I hope Az has escaped the floods too..

The sun is shining here at the moment but it's surrounded by very black threatening clouds so I'm in two minds whether to put my washing out or not..

Yola ~ I hope Dominik enjoys his belated birthday party and the rain holds off for it..

PP ~ glad you're unaffected by the floods in S. Wales ......... hope your grandson enjoys his birthday..

Have a good weekend!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags

Yola ~ I hope Dominik enjoys his belated birthday party and the rain holds off for it..
No chance . . . it's pouring!

We'll just have to get wet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #8

Dreadful weather here also; Tropical Storm Hanna didn't veer as far East as predicted and is going to cross right over the City! Torrential rains, flooding and wind gusts to 50 MPH. No library run today; slept in and just hunkered down waiting for it to end....supposed to start tapering off by 8 pm. We'll get about 5" of rain by the time it's over. Washington is a City of trees and overhead power lines, so always the fear of power loss.....

Sorry weather is so awful there also, glad you're OK, PP, hope Az is too. Pity about the rainy birthday party, Yola.

Take care, all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
06-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #9

Evening everyone!
We're still here, just about! Lots of the fields and roads are underwater and the vets had some trouble getting out to the large animal calls.
I worked this morning which was pretty hectic then met my sister for some retail therapy. Had a lovely afternoon actually but I'm looking forward to my one day off tomorrow.
Hope everyone is surviving the weather,
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #10

Thinking of PP and PL in Wales and Eileen in Washington. Hope you are all keeping safe.

Also hope Domi enjoyed his party Yola?