Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #11

Re: Friday's Thread

We will miss Murphy when he goes Moli, I hope your friend will keep you updated with news and pics of the dear boy...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #12

Afternoon everyone. Mags! Please don't mention the "C" word yet - what a terrible thought. Don't mind Halloween so much - might actually manage to make a pumpkin pie this year!

It's been raining heavily on and off all morning. We've had a heating man putting thermostatic radiator valves on all our radiators this morning, as with the log burner, things might have got too warm. Had the log burner on last night - things really are cooling down very quickly this year and I have noticed yellowing leaves by the sides of the roads already.

I am afraid that I have to say that I think that Sarah Palin is a dangerous woman - climate change is an act of God, is it? So we shouldn't do anything about it? Or even try???? (Sorry, I don't often make any political comments, but that attitude is enough to make me explode!)

Hope everyone has a good day and that you're looking forward to the weekend. Wooppeee!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon everyone. Mags! Please don't mention the "C" word yet - what a terrible thought. Don't mind Halloween so much - might actually manage to make a pumpkin pie this year!
I only whispered it Angie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #14

Yes, thanks for that Mags - I did notice, but unfortunately I have excellent hearing!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
05-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

It's been raining heavily on and off all morning. We've had a heating man putting thermostatic radiator valves on all our radiators this morning, as with the log burner, things might have got too warm. Had the log burner on last night - things really are cooling down very quickly this year and I have noticed yellowing leaves by the sides of the roads already.

I am afraid that I have to say that I think that Sarah Palin is a dangerous woman - climate change is an act of God, is it? So we shouldn't do anything about it? Or even try???? (Sorry, I don't often make any political comments, but that attitude is enough to make me explode!)

Hope everyone has a good day and that you're looking forward to the weekend. Wooppeee!

Angie, I ADORE pumpkin pie!! I'll trade you Darcy for a day to get a slice

And did Sarah Palin really say that?! Deary me. I hate to say it, but the amount of press the republicans have received since she was announced as McCain's second in command has increased interest in them; before they were just a bit boring. And now Obama may be struggling...

Yola - I do believe forsook is a word And a great one at that. I am determined to bring the word 'verily' back into standard usage in the English language

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Yola - I do believe forsook is a word And a great one at that. I am determined to bring the word 'verily' back into standard usage in the English language
I had a friend at art school who LOVED using the word verily. She used to quote it from literature . . . infact I think "verily quoth she" is the term she used frequently!

Almost a Veteran Member

05-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I had a friend at art school who LOVED using the word verily. She used to quote it from literature . . . infact I think "verily quoth she" is the term she used frequently!
Genius.

I just love that way of talking, so much more expressive and emotive than the way we talk today:

"I mean, like, I really don't think it's a problem, cos, if you know what I mean, it's just not."

I am guilty of using the word 'like' far too much when talking though.

Almost a Veteran Member

05-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #18

Oh, and interesting factoid for you all. The word 'ye' is not pronounced 'ye' as we would say with 'y' and 'e', but is actually 'the', as 'y' was a substitute for the sound 'th'.

So 'ye olde shoppe' was actually pronounced 'the old shop'. Sorry!

ETA: I just realised that I found that interesting but everyone else may not! Apologies, just ignore my ramblings! I was called back into work at 1pm to deal with a heavy workload for an event we're holding on Monday and now the office manager has gone home at 4pm and I have to stay alone in the office till 5pm I'm not best pleased.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #19

I bet you're not best pleased!

But ramble away, I love words, meanings, wordplay etc. I know that's also the case for several others here.

Do you meander over to the games and quizzes section ever? Might be worth a go. Oh, and the Wednesday night quiz? General knowledge but if you win one you get to set the questions

Almost a Veteran Member

05-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #20

I have had a wee go at some of the word games, but try and not get too involved or I'll do absolutely no work and that wouldn't be good

I love quizzes so I should definately try out the next quiz - a Wednesday night you say? Not so sure about setting the questions though