Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #1

What is your greatest frustation?

I think we all must get frustrated at some time or other for different reasons.

My pet hate is when I am buying something in a shop and the assistant continues a conversation with someone else while they are serving me...

A couple more are people who don't do what they say they will... .... and....
people who blatantly lie all the time!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
02-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #2

Re: What is your greatest frustation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I think we all must get frustrated at some time or other for different reasons.

My pet hate is when I am buying something in a shop and the assistant continues a conversation with someone else while they are serving me...
A couple more are people who don't do what they say they will... .... and....
people who blatantly lie all the time!
I could not agree more!! This really, really irritates me. I've worked in retail whilst at school, and always engaged in converation with the customer, made them feel welcomed, and they quite often came back!

But the thing that winds me up the most is engaging in debates around things (such as feminism, philosophical debates) and people not taking on board your point of view, and giving a reply that takes your original point into consideration, but just remaining entirely block-headed and stubborn. I guess that widens out to be people that are narrow-minded and not open to hearing other people's point of views.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #3

Must admit I do get frustrated with people who do not do what they say they will, and people who say they cannot do something without even trying....
My biggey is people thjat lie!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #4

promises not kept
bad drivers in front of me or weaving in and out
queues while shop assistants ignore or chat
people who talk over others and I suppose that will include as mentioned above not seeing the other persons point of view.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #5

I htink my biggest frustration is not being to do enough to help animals in need. All the greyhounds who are no longer required for racing, and all the cats and dogs in China brutally treated and skinned or boiled alive and the moon bears in China kept in squalid condition and a catheter used to extract their bile because some Chinese beleive it is a miracle *cure* Very frustrating and depressing.

On a lighter note, I find call centres irritating when you have to keep choosing options, I also hate cold callers, both at he door and on the telephone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #6

All of the above! And buses that travel in packs, people who yak loudly on cell phones on the bus/subway, stores that have the A/C set so low it's like a meat locker, and people who go thru the express checkout with more than 15 items!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #7

All of the above and people who ask for help/advice but they dont really want that at all, they really want the sympathy vote and nothing more.
Spammers.
People who think they know it all when in actual fact we are all still learning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #8

All the above and stores where they have musak turned up so loud you can't think ..... oh, and cars that have all their windows down and really loud thumping that makes me feel physically sick .............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #9

All of the above and motorcyclists who tear down a residential street zoned at 25 MPH at 60+ MPH!!! And people who haven't trained their dogs and let them bark and bark for hours........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #10

- and cyclists who ignore traffic lights and ride on pavements when it suits them