Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
31-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #221

Re: Excessive bank charges - anybody going to complain to their bank?

Good news....my sister in law just got her cheque today for her claim with Natwest approx £8,000

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
31-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Good news....my sister in law just got her cheque today for her claim with Natwest approx £8,000

Ooooh what brilliant news!!!!

Catsey Veteran

31-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #223

Certainly is Fran, Natwest were being a pain with this claim as well SIL put her court bundle in....Natwest did nothing...but she has got her money so I am really pleased for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
01-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Well done Charlie with helping your Dad get his charges back....I bet he is chuffed
Thanks Emma - he sure is!!! Just trying to get my 10% commission now!!! pmsl

Thanks for explaining the Lloyds TSB cases properly too - I didn't fully realise why the bank had won - so thanks!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
01-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #225

Em, what is the 'court bundle'? I hear a lot about this on the Consumer Action site. Also do you think it is better to do the court claim using MCOL or the N1 form? I am in the process of flilling in the claim online, but feel I need to be fully prepared as to what to write down for reasons for filing the claim. Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #226

Hi Kim,

I have used MCOL as I find the whole process easier.

Basic court bundle can be found here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...rt-bundle.html

...although you will need to add in your own information - IF IT GETS TO THAT STAGE - the court bundle will be requested by the court, so far out of all of the claims I have done I have only had to do one court bundle, although I have takeN about 4 of the banks to court, as they paid out before this stage.

Kim, details of your claim should look something like this....(OBVIOUSLY FILL IN WITH YOUR DETAILS)

1. The Claimant has an account 1234567 with the Defendant, opened May 2000 2. Since 01/02/03 the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract. 3. Defendant is aware of all details as a list of charges has already been supplied. Another copy will be sent. 4. Claimant contends: (a) The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches; (b) The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and at Common Law. 5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of £XXXX; (b) Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £xxx [enter interest total at date of claim] continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.xx; 6. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. 7. Costs allowed by the Court.

see this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...laim-line.html

However if you are claiming contractural interest you will need to amend the above wording.

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #227

Interesting reading for anybody reclaiming their charges...you need to read this WHOLE article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6692559.stm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #228

Thanks Emma, it is gradually all beginning to make sense. I have started the MCOL claim and I find it easier that the N1 form, although someone on the consumer website strongly advised me not to use MCOL, not sure why?

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #229

Well you are a bit limited on the actual amount of text you can put in the claim, but other than that I cannot see any other reason not to use it??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #230

Looks like this is coming to a head now. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6918140.stm
Anyone got a claim still outstanding?